Kent St. To Start Freshman QB

SeattleClone

Aug 15, 2006
Ha, anybody see the other headlines at the bottom of the article?

Christensen leads EIU by ISU

Yes I know we lost to EIU, but I thought Christensen transferred? :wink:

CyPride

Oct 12, 2008

Spencer Keith is used to putting up big numbers. Despite coming off of a ACL injury, Keith led the nation in passing with 5,308 yards. He completed 396 of 625 passes and his passing yards set a state record. Even with the big numbers, schools have been slow to recruit Keith.
"I was talking to Louisiana Tech a lot during the season," explained Keith. "I went to their camp over the summer. They ended up offering another quarterback that had been at camp and he committed. I haven't heard much from them since."
"I visited New Mexico State last week," added Keith. "but they just got a commitment from another quarterback. Kent State wants me to go up there for a visit. I feel like they will offer if I go."
Keith had planned to go to an Ivy League school. Since then, he has decided to catch on with a Bowl Subdivision team. "I may go walk on at Vanderbilt," said Keith. "They have a really good school and it would be a good place to go for my future. If I don't go to Kent State, i will probably go there."
Neal Barlow, a wide receiver at Pulaski Academy, is going to Arkansas. Keith said he has talked to the staff in Fayetteville about walking on, but it looks like Vanderbilt will be the school if he goes that route. Wherever he ends up, Spence Keith just needs a chance to show what he can do. Everyone in the State of Arkansas is definitely aware of his talent.

JY07

Aug 20, 2009
DSM
Ha, anybody see the other headlines at the bottom of the article?

Christensen leads EIU by ISU

Yes I know we lost to EIU, but I thought Christensen transferred? :wink:

Sounds like something Tim Griffin would write (minus the EIU part; probably not that clever)

CyinCo

Mar 24, 2006
Clive, IA
The cyclone effect: make little known fill-ins look like pro players.

I really hope that doesn't happen. We should be in his grill all night.

CysMyGuy

Nov 2, 2006
Southlake TX
This has "Brad Smith gets hurt so bring in that little known backup" written all over it.

I'd hardly put this kid in the same class as Chase Daniel. The Pulanski Academy graduated 87 kids last year. It's hardly Southlake Carroll - a team that won 5 Texas Class 5A titles in 6 years. Chase was ready for BCS ball the day he graduated.

Kent State better fire up the whirlpool - this kid is going to be sore on Sunday morning.

jdoggivjc

Sep 27, 2006
Macomb, MI
They also picked Army over Ball State. :nah:

Well, Ball St did lose to North Texas (who has been horrible for the last several years) and New Hampshire (a FCS team). Army beat Eastern Michigan, but did lose to Duke. My money would be on Army in this game.