Keg Tailgate Question

TwinCitiesCy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2013
We're interested in having a keg at our tailgate.

We've been tailgating for years and have brought about everything but an actual keg to our tailgates. We'll be in the donor lots. Anyone have experience with how strictly they enforce the "no kegs" policy in the donor lots? I chuckled at the Tailgate Policy, because it also reads "no glass bottles" which obviously isn't enforced. We'd probably go with a 1/4 barrel so it would be relatively low profile. If anyone has any experience (good or bad) we'd appreciate your input/advice.

Thanks in advance!

https://cyclones.com/sports/2015/3/2/GEN_2014010120.aspx

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.

We've been tailgating for years and have brought about everything but an actual keg to our tailgates. We'll be in the donor lots. Anyone have experience with how strictly they enforce the "no kegs" policy in the donor lots? I chuckled at the Tailgate Policy, because it also reads "no glass bottles" which obviously isn't enforced. We'd probably go with a 1/4 barrel so it would be relatively low profile. If anyone has any experience (good or bad) we'd appreciate your input/advice.

Thanks in advance!

I think the glass bottles are more a broken glass/cut tire thing. Don’t think they are concerned about a keg for the most part.

Macloney

Feb 28, 2014
Up Nort

Thanks in advance!

Had a keg at the Akron game last year and either nobody noticed or cared.

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny
Can't speak to larger keg styles, a friend at our tailgate used to regularly bring his homebrewed beer in 5 gallon kegs kept inside a cooler with a tap on the outside. Never had any issues.

WlVa6Ji.jpg

cyclonedave25

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 10, 2007
Chicago, IL
I usually always see somebody with a full sized keg when walking the lots. I don’t think they care or enforce it.

DeereClone

Nov 16, 2009
Like everyone else has said I’ve had keg beer many times in the lots so I assume it’s not a big deal.

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny
I assume its one of those rules that they have on hand so they can shut your **** down if it gets out of hand. Probably, for similar reasons, also enforced more in the student lots.

• Optimistic
Reactions: imaclone2

2020cy

Aug 7, 2006
If low key no problem. Have a bunch of drunks might be a problem. Likely OK with a normal tailgate.

Acylum

Nov 18, 2006
I think the glass bottles are more a broken glass/cut tire thing. Don’t think they are concerned about a keg for the most part.

You might want to look in to buying better tires.

JSmoove

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 19, 2012
2611 Helser, Louden
I seem to remember my friends parents having to move their keg inside their RV after awhile due to some one stopping by and saying something. Not sure on the details and this was roughly '07-'08 era so things could have changed.

knowlesjam

Oct 21, 2012
Papillion, NE
Sooooooooo....where exactly will you be setting this keg up?

I can make sure that it is appropriately tapped...wouldn't want any sort of quality control issues.

• Funny
Reactions: NWICY

Isualum13

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 27, 2018
I posted about this is another thread about kegs. But 2 years ago when we were in lot g7, we had a double beer bong (beer bongs also are "not allowed") built into a female mannequin torso with the hoses coming out where the nipples would be. Parked in the corner. Bike cops rode by more than once, saw it, and smiled.
If it had been in use when they drove by maybe they would have taken it but we still have it.

We were pretty across from the porta potties too, so lots of people got to appreciate our immaturity.

As others have mentioned these rules are likely to help combat big parties breaking out. Keep it within reason and you will be fine.

ZB4CY

Dec 17, 2012
I seem to remember my friends parents having to move their keg inside their RV after awhile due to some one stopping by and saying something. Not sure on the details and this was roughly '07-'08 era so things could have changed.

We're good now!

cycloner29

Dec 17, 2008
Ames
You might stick out like a sore thumb if you bring in a cattle tank and put like 7-8 kegs in it. Ahhh..... tailgating back in the late 80's with the Keg mobile, cattle tanks full of kegs. People doing beer bongs off the top of the keg mobile. Back when it wasn't really tailgating, but an adventure!!

Help Support Us

Become a patron