KD Fund Raising?

matclone

Nov 13, 2016
"Anyone have any specifics in regards to what the "new" staff has been able to fund raise in their tenure? Not just dollars wise, but positions, facilities, housing, etc., of course dollars and cents being #1?"

To each their own, but I still don't see what's wrong with this. It seems like some enjoy kicking around the answer instead of answering. Waste of time if ya ask me.
Of course I can't read your mind, but your original post had the flavor of trolling--from the open ended questions; to the quotes around "new"; to the implication that there might be something amiss; to your sudden appearance on a wrestling forum where you don't normally post. A little discovery from jkbuff98 adds weight to that impression. Since then, you haven't sharpened your question(s) any and it looks like you're stalling.

Last edited:

jkbuff98

Jan 3, 2017
I don't believe there is anything to hide, so the only reason any answers can't be here would be if there was something to hide if you ask me. That's also one of the few positives of messages boards is that there are typically others with the same question, so I'm helping others as well.
I‘m just saying she is the one who would have the answers, not sure who here , besides Erica and any other staff member , would know for sure.

CyGold

Mar 25, 2015
Seemed like a legit question to me. Who pissed in your wheaties this morning?
No body, but thanks for asking. My gut's telling me that is a troll job by Welch and other's have the same read. I'm not against the discussion at all. However my answer was legit. IT IS public information. With that said personally I love what KD and crew have done with the CRTC compared to when it was the Cyclone Wrestling Club. They've done a great job of raising money for the CRTC, build the house for resident athletes, brought back Nate Carr Sr (and other coaches) and improved communication (vs previous coaches) to the donors of the CRTC and any other fan that asked to be on the email list. Not to mention they have recruited and helped to develop a National Champ and recently brought in the #2 recruiting class in the country. Not many other schools can claim to a National Champ.

What more are you looking for?

I also think that they are going to end up using CRTC $$ to help recruiting and retention via NIL deals. Which I'm 100% fine with. It wouldn't surprise me if this great recruiting class is one of the benefactors of the CRTC beyond the senior level "practice partners and coaches" and level. This is completely a guess and I have no inside information of this.

CyGold

Mar 25, 2015
btw - My above comment is not a knock on the CWC or it's board members and supporters. However, IMO coaches who can get the support of JP and other ISU donors are much more effective at doing this job and KD and crew have done an amazing job.

Reactions: crablegs

Land Grant

Oct 30, 2006
No body, but thanks for asking. My gut's telling me that is a troll job by Welch and other's have the same read. I'm not against the discussion at all. However my answer was legit. IT IS public information. With that said personally I love what KD and crew have done with the CRTC compared to when it was the Cyclone Wrestling Club. They've done a great job of raising money for the CRTC, build the house for resident athletes, brought back Nate Carr Sr (and other coaches) and improved communication (vs previous coaches) to the donors of the CRTC and any other fan that asked to be on the email list. Not to mention they have recruited and helped to develop a National Champ and recently brought in the #2 recruiting class in the country. Not many other schools can claim to a National Champ.

What more are you looking for?

I also think that they are going to end up using CRTC $$ to help recruiting and retention via NIL deals. Which I'm 100% fine with. It wouldn't surprise me if this great recruiting class is one of the benefactors of the CRTC beyond the senior level "practice partners and coaches" and level. This is completely a guess and I have no inside information of this.
I'd be curious to know if Dan Dresser is paid and what he does for CRTC.

Last edited:

431Welch

Apr 15, 2020
Of course I can't read your mind, but your original post had the flavor of trolling--from the open ended questions; to the quotes around "new"; to the implication that there might be something amiss; to your sudden appearance on a wrestling forum where you don't normally post. A little discovery from jkbuff98 adds weight to that impression. Since then, you haven't sharpened your question(s) any and it looks like you're stalling.
Guys, seriously quit. I ain't trolling. The discussion I was looking for is long past, so I ain't really worried about specifics any longer. The ISU Wrestling board was no help with ISU Wrestling, just debating my intentions. Regardless, my post has seemed to bring up others questions that still seem to be unanswered......

pancake

Nov 19, 2017
Welch's post history aside, this is a legit question. We had and currently have some hammers, but we have yet to bring in an RTC athlete to whup their butts. Guys need 3 types of practice partners: 1) guys that beat their ass, 2) guys they are kind of even with, and 3) guys they can build confidence with (because they are not super great). The #1 advantage of the RTC is top shelf practice partners, and we have yet to make that an advantage. Why?

pancake

Nov 19, 2017
The #1 advantage now is figuring out how to NIL it to the athletes to get a stacked team
I sort of agree, but athletes without good senior level practice partners are just athletes, not great wrestlers. RTCs (with their practice partner depth) changed the landscape of college wrestling in the 2012-2022 era. NIL is a new frontier, but we have yet to show the ability to acquire and retain a quality RTC senior level guy to whip ass in the room. At some point that still matters.

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
I sort of agree, but athletes without good senior level practice partners are just athletes, not great wrestlers. RTCs (with their practice partner depth) changed the landscape of college wrestling in the 2012-2022 era. NIL is a new frontier, but we have yet to show the ability to acquire and retain a quality RTC senior level guy to whip ass in the room. At some point that still matters.
It’s not exactly what your saying and I could be wrong but aren’t they using some of these funds to fly our guys to places to train?

Reactions: pancake

buf87

Dec 15, 2010
Iowa
It’s not exactly what your saying and I could be wrong but aren’t they using some of these funds to fly our guys to places to train?
Yonger, Coleman, and some others were in Colorado Springs training recently, I believe. I assume CRTC paid for all of them except maybe David Carr(since he is in US team)

Reactions: crablegs

buf87

Dec 15, 2010
Iowa
Also when Metcalf went to Poland with David Carr recently, CRTC had to pay the way for Brent. Same goes for Nate Sr and Fernando when they go to events.

None of our coaches are on USA wrestling payroll, so all of their travel expenses come from CRTC.

There is also a mortgage, insurance, repairs and maintenance on the housing complex that is paid by CRTC.

More money is getting used for NIL's. We have heard rumors of what these top guys are getting, we have to compete with that. The 9.9 scholarships are not going to get that done anymore.

Dan Dresser has not been paid a dime in salary by CRTC. He is strictly volunteer. Thanks Dan!!! He was very helpful in getting the CRTC off the ground in the beginning

Help Support Us

Become a patron