Kansas vs. Villanova

enisthemenace

Dec 5, 2009
Runnells, IA
Iowa will smoke Villanova. They play hard (Kansas does not) and they have a "go-to" guy in Marble (Kansas does not).

I expect Kansas to improve a lot as the season progresses, but if tonight is any indication...Okie State will bend them over.

Ficklone02

Apr 11, 2006
City by the Bay
Hilarious to see KU fans all upset about Embiid's 5th foul that "should have been on Ellis"......oh gee, thats rich, I seem to remember a similar issue last year among MANY other blown calls that gave KU the victory on a silver platter. KU fans upset about the refs?? You'll get no sympathy and like it.

pourcyne

Feb 19, 2011
It probably was the incredibly low ceiling in that venue that shook the Jayhawks. They had claustrophobia.

I suppose it will be Squawks in a Wawk against Nova. What are the odds that they (Nova, of course) could beat two ranked teams in a row?

cytheguy

May 23, 2006
Iowa will smoke Villanova. They play hard (Kansas does not) and they have a "go-to" guy in Marble (Kansas does not).

I expect Kansas to improve a lot as the season progresses, but if tonight is any indication...WE will bend them over.

Fixed it for ya.

hawkeyescott

Jun 13, 2008
Villanova looked pretty dang good. Hopefully they don't come out with a big win hangover tomorrow.

Yes Villanova is good, but I don't think they looked that good. They shot under 35% for the game and like 62% from the line to go along with 17 turnovers.

Kansas is really young and really struggles with outside shooting. That is what beat them last night more then Villanova. But Kansas will get better as the season goes. I fully expect ISU to beat them at Hilton in January, if they play in the Big 12 Tournament in March then it could be a different story.

Gonzo

Mar 10, 2009
Behind you
Clearly KU tanked to 'Nova just to avoid us. They'll ball up by the end of the season, face their fears against us in the national championship game, and they'll unfortunately pull out the win.

Have none of you seen Searching for Bobby Fischer?

jmb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 12, 2006
Clearly KU tanked to 'Nova just to avoid us. They'll ball up by the end of the season, face their fears against us in the national championship game, and they'll unfortunately pull out the win.

Have none of you seen Searching for Bobby Fischer?
Are you saying they are going to the NIT? Bold prediction.

Doc

This is it Morty
Aug 6, 2006
Denver
I'm not watching the game, but it looks like KU really struggled with UTEP as well. Who knows, Iowa may have put a beating on KU if given the opportunity.

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
I'm not watching the game, but it looks like KU really struggled with UTEP as well. Who knows, Iowa may have put a beating on KU if given the opportunity.

I'm afraid Iowa is pretty darn good. I hate so much to say that. Nothing would be better than for us to put them in their place.

Games are really hard to figure though. Iowa should have lost to Xavier, and now Xavier hasn't won since, and lost to a bad USC team today. Go figure.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron