Kansas State vs Iowa State Predictions

Cat Stevens

Mar 7, 2017
I agree we have the most talented roster from 1-9. Kansas has the best player in the league in D. Lawson and the best coach in the league along with a **** ton of young talent. Kansas State has the most mature roster when it comes to big game experience and upperclassmen laden squad. I'm amazed at how well Baylor has played this year and that they are still in the hunt.

Having the most talented roster doesn't necessarily translate into winning a championship. You need a top 3 or 4 head coach, you need the roster to be cohesive and gel and finally you need a couple of good bounces.

I was afraid you were going to get all the way through that without a shot at prohm.

Fortunately, you can’t help yourself so you got one in.

inCyteful

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 28, 2012
Fort Collins, CO
Team that makes the most FTs will win this game.

We seem to shoot FTs better on the road.

ISU 70
KSU 68

It is never more than a 6 pt spread throughout the entire game.

My dog won't come out from under the chair until Wednesday.

rochclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 28, 2009
Prohm is probably in that category at the moment

I respect your opinion versus a few others on this board. I’m interested to see how you would rank the Big 12 coaches at present. I would agree that if he is not in it he certainly is close.

• Agree
Reactions: isu83

rochclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 28, 2009
I was afraid you were going to get all the way through that without a shot at prohm.

Fortunately, you can’t help yourself so you got one in.

Just can’t take your eyes off me can you. Not sure where I said he was or wasn’t in the top 3 or 4. ’m not sure we have received a couple of the lucky bounces you need. But since we are at why don’t you give me the Big 12 coaches ranked from 1-10. Mine are as follows:
10) Boynton
9) Smart
8) Kruger
7) Dixon
T5) Beard
T5) Prohm
4) Weber
3) Huggins
2) Drew
1) Self

Prohm has done a great job this year but so has Drew, Weber and Beard.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: acgclone

Cat Stevens

Mar 7, 2017
Not sure where I said he was or wasn’t in the top 3 or 4. ’m not sure we have received a couple of the lucky bounces you need. But since we are at why don’t you give me the Big 12 coaches ranked from 1-10.

Strictly on coaching. Today, not the hof guys, Huggins and Kruger who are on the decline,

1) self
2) Dixon
3) Weber
4) Beard
5) drew
6) prohm
7)Huggins
8) Kruger
9) okie states coach.
10) Smart

rochclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 28, 2009
Strictly on coaching. Today, not the hof guys, Huggins and Kruger who are on the decline,

1) self
2) Dixon
3) Weber
4) Beard
5) drew
6) prohm
7)Huggins
8) Kruger
9) okie states coach.
10) Smart

I appreciate the response. Interesting...why Dixon over Beard, Drew and Prohm?

VAISUFAN

Mar 13, 2012
Maybe based upon 1 year you can say Huggins and Kruger are on their way down but based on last 4 years they have 3 Sweet sixteens and a Final Four between them. But I do think there is movement of where they are heading.

1. Self
2. Huggins ▼
3. Kruger ▼
4. Dixon
5. Beard ▲
6. Drew ▲
7. Prohm ▲
8. Weber
9. Smart ▼
10. Boynton ?

• Agree
Reactions: 67CY

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
I respect your opinion versus a few others on this board. I’m interested to see how you would rank the Big 12 coaches at present. I would agree that if he is not in it he certainly is close.

Self, Beard and then either Drew or Prohm. Kruger and Huggins have way better resumes but Self and Beard are the only two I'd rather have than Prohm

Reactions: isu83 and MartinCy

Cat Stevens

Mar 7, 2017
I appreciate the response. Interesting...why Dixon over Beard, Drew and Prohm?

Because his teams are tough. Had a lot of bad luck.

He’s won at tcu and they were a nightmare. I can think of one other time in my life they were good, and that was for a year or two when tubbs was there.

He will get a better job than Pitt or tcu, and he will get to a final four.

Cat Stevens

Mar 7, 2017
Weber at 3 is silly

I know he’s goofy. And his voice is awful. And he seems like a real prick.

But the guy can coach, and that’s what this list was, sideline coaching. I watched him at SIU, and Illinois with talent be outstanding. He’s very good, whether people want to admit it or not.

He’s mediocre as a recruiter, and that will always limit him.

acgclone

Feb 21, 2007
Weber at 3 is silly

You could make a legitimate case for #2 for Bruce.

one Final Four, one Elite 8, one shared B12 title, and on his way to at least another share (possible outright) title.

His resume is better than all but Self and maybe Huggins or Krueger.

With that said, it’s a tough league to rank because there are a lot of REALLY good coaches in the B12.

• Agree
Reactions: inCyteful and surly

awd4cy

Dec 29, 2010
Central Iowa
The remaining schedule:
KSU-L
Baylor-W (we end Baylor's win streak in Hilton)
TCU-L
OU-W
UT-L
WVU-W
TT-L
Baylor’s win streak in Hilton? They haven’t won in Hilton since 2016. I don’t know how it will happen since we can be a pretty unpredictable team, but I’d add one more W up there to make it 11-7.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron