Kansas & Missouri Renew Border War in Basketball

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

mj4cy

Asst. Regional Manager
Staff member
Mar 28, 2006
Iowa
Good for them. This is good for the sport.

Over the years we've always been saying "hope that cooler heads will prevail," This is exactly that.

• Agree
Reactions: deadeyededric

heitclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 21, 2009
Way up there
Didn't these two scrimmage recently? Like one of the charity scrimmages a few years back? Seems like this was coming. It'll be interesting to see how the rivalry is after a hiatus. I loathe Mizzou but I do miss playing them in bball. When they had it going, they were an easy/fun team to hate. Norm and Snyder were different but both carried the heel role pretty good. I gotta admit though, playing them the last two seasons seemed different, they more or less were just another team.

• Agree
Reactions: NWICY and HouClone

HouClone

Sep 3, 2011
Houston
Not a fan of this news. Didn't like it when we agreed to play them recently. Didn't think KU would give legitimacy to Mizzou's crappy b-ball team by playing them anytime soon. The KU AD Long was in the SEC when Mizzou did their scorched earth policy to the Big 12. Hope Long catches much flak from KU fans for this.

Cyched

CF Influencer
May 8, 2009
Denver, CO
Didn't these two scrimmage recently? Like one of the charity scrimmages a few years back? Seems like this was coming. It'll be interesting to see how the rivalry is after a hiatus. I loathe Mizzou but I do miss playing them in bball. When they had it going, they were an easy/fun team to hate. Norm and Snyder were different but both carried the heel role pretty good. I gotta admit though, playing them the last two seasons seemed different, they more or less were just another team.

I enjoyed watching us whip them in Hilton last year :)

Knownothing

Nov 22, 2006
I don't like this. I thought it was funny Missouri had no rivals in the SEC and basically nobody cared. Now they get to play their rivals and stay in the SEC. If Kansas is whipping the floor with them they better start a comical SEC chant.

Reactions: NWICY

mramseyISU

Nov 8, 2006
Waterloo, IA
I wonder if this guy will show up?

quantrill_fan-637x1024.jpg

Stewo

Oct 29, 2008
Iowa
KU fans wanted nothing to do with Missouri after they left the conference. I can't imagine this news thrills them too much.

Freebird

Apr 11, 2006
**** KU.
And double **** Mizzou. They finally got to join the Confederacy like they always wanted. They can ******* stay there.

• Winner
  • Agree
Reactions: weR138 and JP4CY

randomfan44

May 30, 2015
Meh, I would have voted no of they asked but they didn't so I guess I will just have to look forward to beating them a few more times. Wish it was a home and home with Oregon, UCLA, Arizona, Loiusville, Florida, Carolina, Duke, UConn, Ohio State, Michigan, Michigan State..... but whatever.

At least this comes after RPI is gone so that they wont screw up our RPI ranking.

heitclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 21, 2009
Way up there
Meh, I would have voted no of they asked but they didn't so I guess I will just have to look forward to beating them a few more times. Wish it was a home and home with Oregon, UCLA, Arizona, Loiusville, Florida, Carolina, Duke, UConn, Ohio State, Michigan, Michigan State..... but whatever.

At least this comes after RPI is gone so that they wont screw up our RPI ranking.

I totally get why KU fans wouldn't want this game, basically nothing to gain.

cycfan1

Nov 27, 2006
Ames
Not a fan of bringing this one back.
Missouri needs this a million times more than KU ever does, make Missouri sleep in the bed they made.

Living in KC for last 5 years I wouldn't even have realized this is a rivalry... I know more ISU fans in this town than Missouri fans (or ones that want to admit it).

• Agree
Reactions: Macloney and JP4CY