Kansas & Missouri Renew Border War in Basketball

aeroclone

Oct 30, 2006
Rumblings in KC that a football deal will follow. I'm not sure these games would be interesting in either sport given the current states of the programs. Seems more like the KSU KU rivalries where each school dominates one sport. Doesn't make for much of a rivalry.

BryceC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
I don't like this. I don't think anybody should play them in any sport, but especially basketball. That basketball program has been an absolute joke since they left the Big 12. They haven't won an NCAA tourney game for almost 10 years. They've been begging to get the rivalry back for a while and I don't think KU should give it to them.

FinalFourCy

Mar 5, 2017
I don't like this. I don't think anybody should play them in any sport, but especially basketball. That basketball program has been an absolute joke since they left the Big 12. They haven't won an NCAA tourney game for almost 10 years. They've been begging to get the rivalry back for a while and I don't think KU should give it to them.
Agree, no need to give them any legitimacy in KC area. Let them rot

• Agree
Reactions: HouClone

OPButtrey

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 21, 2010
I hope KU keeps their foot on the gas and wins every game by 30

Beernuts

Nov 9, 2017
Not a rivalry. But id love to play Minnesota H&H. Get some good recruiting exposure up there.

Wouldn't mind playing Wisconsin or Illinois either

I agree. Would enjoy a series with Minnesota. Didn't Justice Thigpen have a great game in Minnesota? Yes, I just found it on you tube. An out of bounds play in 1992, Fred makes a sneaky pass to Justice who puts in the winning basket and is fouled.

Cyched

CF Influencer
May 8, 2009
Denver, CO
I agree. Would enjoy a series with Minnesota. Didn't Justice Thigpen have a great game in Minnesota? Yes, I just found it on you tube. An out of bounds play in 1992, Fred makes a sneaky pass to Justice who puts in the winning basket and is fouled.

Not old enough to remember this, but looks like a good atmosphere. I'd make the trip up to Mpls

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron