Kansas Match

cowgirl836

Sep 3, 2009
Jaysus F**** I hope all 250 KU fans that packed the arena enjoyed that. Came home we are up 2-0 I guess I need to stop watching and just do stats updates

you and my husband are to blame! He walked in toward the end of the third.

Reactions: Cyfan1965

SMP05

Oct 10, 2015
One thing we can be thankful of ~ our libero is awesome and doesn't fling herself all over the court like the libero we saw tonight. Is that snarky? A little, yes. :(o_O

Reactions: cowgirl836

cowgirl836

Sep 3, 2009
Harris ended up with two more digs (25-23) than Hillegas. KU did a great job later in the game of forcing Harris to take the first pass. And West was making errors later, which didn't help.

cowgirl836

Sep 3, 2009
I know the ladies played hard and honestly, I thought us being swept was the far more likely outcome. This is disappointing but we did some really nice things. Schaben has AA written all over her. KU just adjusted correctly. Throw in the crowd, some friendly calls, and two long rallies that went their way (after earlier ones were all ours).......I feel far better about the rematch in Ames now compared to 6pm tonight.

Only play I was really mad at us was middle of the 5th when we got a block touch back to them on the left side, came back and we block touched again on the right, they came back a third time and it got to the backrow and it was down. I felt that our backrow was not on their toes for that one.

I feel good about this season, which is an odd thing to say after a tough loss!

Tornado man

Sep 16, 2007
Ames, IA
I know the ladies played hard and honestly, I thought us being swept was the far more likely outcome. This is disappointing but we did some really nice things. Schaben has AA written all over her. KU just adjusted correctly. Throw in the crowd, some friendly calls, and two long rallies that went their way (after earlier ones were all ours).......I feel far better about the rematch in Ames now compared to 6pm tonight.

Only play I was really mad at us was middle of the 5th when we got a block touch back to them on the left side, came back and we block touched again on the right, they came back a third time and it got to the backrow and it was down. I felt that our backrow was not on their toes for that one.

Always enjoy reading your VB comments - but we had so many hitting errors down the stretch in the 4th and then the 5th.

cowgirl836

Sep 3, 2009
Always enjoy reading your VB comments - but we had so many hitting errors down the stretch in the 4th and then the 5th.

that fourth set I watched them serve to Harris over and over and over in that rotation that we could NOT get out of. Hali was taking the set - which of course limited us. Did a great job taking Grace out, too. I'm not saying our level of play didn't come down some, but KU did exactly what they had to do in order to force us out of system and lose confidence.

harimad

Jul 28, 2016
Illinois

It's like you took the thoughts right out of my head. I could have written the same thing you did, word for word. Bolded for emphasis/agreement.

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
It's like you took the thoughts right out of my head. I could have written the same thing you did, word for word. Bolded for emphasis/agreement.

Remember ladies the season can end in Kansas City, if they play to the end.

runbikeswim

Oct 23, 2014
The difference in the match was KU went on their runs with Harris in the front row. Less hitting options and no middle blocker. That and Payne is a freak of nature. KU was down to KSU too and roared back against them as well.

• Agree

Tornado man

Sep 16, 2007
Ames, IA
The difference in the match was KU went on their runs with Harris in the front row. Less hitting options and no middle blocker. That and Payne is a freak of nature. KU was down to KSU too and roared back against them as well.
Just wish we could have pulled this one out. ISU has a pattern lately of losing in the first or second rounds in the NCAA's - usually to a host school in the second?
Need to be a top 16 seed and be a host - a win at Lawrence would have been huge!

runbikeswim

Oct 23, 2014
Just wish we could have pulled this one out. ISU has a pattern lately of losing in the first or second rounds in the NCAA's - usually to a host school in the second?
Need to be a top 16 seed and be a host - a win at Lawrence would have been huge!
I totally agree but you have to admit that match look last night looked as high-quality as some of the elite Big Ten matches I've seen this year

Reactions: Cyfan1965