Kansas isn't as good as advertised

Spam

May 21, 2008
Has Kansas ever won a conference championship? No reason they'll win this year with this useless Bill Self guy and his bunch of slow, unathletic, uncoached players.

sheepplucker

Sep 22, 2013
self will have his team ready come conference play. but I don't see any reason ku should just be crowned the champion already. im gunna side with state43 on this one. it seems like a different KU this year. they are still gunna be KANSAS good. but a big possibility the conference title goes to someone els this year.

sheepplucker

Sep 22, 2013
nothing to back that up the two exhibitions I listened to and the season opener. just a feelin

Cydkar

Apr 12, 2006
They were struggling with ULMonroe. I think OSU runs away with the title this year and fairly comfortably at that.

I assume you are being sarcastic (lord help you if not). KU is very young and it's early.

Do people forget that teams change throughout the season every year? Like clockwork people judge teams on early performances and the teams change dramatically over the season. Every year there are threads like this.

imnclone

Oct 22, 2006
I have watched them a little bit too. Yes, they are raw, but they have more athletic talent than normal, besides Wiggins, Embiid is a freak athlete. Tharpe isn't the best PG and Self will need to work to get them to play with their usual defensive intensity, but he will probably get it done. I will only give OSU a chance to win the B12 because of the Marcus Smart factor, not because KU is down.

State43

Nov 22, 2010
Omaha, NE
O course they will get better. Ellis is the best player on the floor but the Wiggins worship by the announcers is going to be horrible this year. And yes, Bill Self is a great coach. But, a coach winning the conference title with better players every year is hardly the most amazing accomplishment. Just saying.
i know this thread is way early and I should have worded the title different, but I stand by the point that OSU is top dog this year. Anyone get to watch the BU game?

CyHawk7

Aug 14, 2013
O course they will get better. Ellis is the best player on the floor but the Wiggins worship by the announcers is going to be horrible this year. And yes, Bill Self is a great coach. But, a coach winning the conference title with better players every year is hardly the most amazing accomplishment. Just saying.
i know this thread is way early and I should have worded the title different, but I stand by the point that OSU is top dog this year. Anyone get to watch the BU game?

Ellis is not better than wiggins lol

CyHawk7

Aug 14, 2013
Did you watch the game? Ellis seemed more of a factor IMO. Wiggins has way more upside. Just saying what impressed me the most.

Yeah against an inferior opponent. I doubt you will have that same feeling after Tuesday.

mitten1975

Oct 27, 2012
[h=2]Kansas isn't as good as advertised[/h]
I have decided to support this statement, it isn't only true this year, it is true every year and in every situation.

Dryburn

Apr 3, 2006
Somewhere in the U.S.
It's way too early to tell. Yes, Kansas is usually over-rated a bit, but as ISU students should know, it takes time for a team to come together, especially when you have 5 new starters. They are still a very talented team with a huge upside, so let's see what they look like by the time the conference games roll around.

JohnnyFive

Feb 25, 2012
Iowa won by 43 against nobody = they finally get over the hump and become national invitational champs.

Dingus

May 23, 2013
It will be interesting to see how Self does with a much younger team than usual. Kansas this year is much closer to the UK mold which is not how Kansas usually runs things.

Kansas is the favorite for the conference championship until they finally lose one.

Doc

This is it Morty
Aug 6, 2006
Denver
I think Kansas is rated right where they should be at 5. I don't think there are many, if any, people saying they're going to be a great team. People are taking the Wiggins hype and acting like it's Kansas (the team) hype. Most people are rating them high, but not calling them a dominant team this year.

Help Support Us

Become a patron