KANE

jkclone

Bookie
Jan 21, 2013
Urbandale
I thought flagrant foul 1 was used to replace what was previously called "intentional foul". And fragrant foul 2 replaces what was previously simply called fragrant foul. If that is the case, the correct call was made.
No definitely not. Don't know exactly how they've changed it but it's something like this

Flagrant 1: unintentional contact above the shoulders that is not a basketball move
Flagrant 2: intentional contact or something like that

Maybe it's a flagrant 1 but just before they called a foul on Houge for getting hit it the mouth by an elbow.

CYEATHAWK

Aug 26, 2007
My concern isn't Kane.....it's Hogue. When he flagrantly hit Mika's elbow with his lip.

xboxfever

Nov 4, 2008
It is not even comparable to Hogues foul. He was clearly hit by accident. Kane however, looked like he did that on purpose. You all can make excuses, but it sure looked intentional.

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
I think he was just putting his hands up to try to strip the ball like we had been trying to do all night. Unfortunately, Kane was moving toward him and Mike moved toward the basket without straightening up. Very unfortunate and not something you want toward the end of a big game, but certainly not intentional.

2020cy

Aug 7, 2006
Just a weird play. He obviously thought something else was going to happen and couldn't stop.

BBHMagic

Oct 15, 2009
I couldn't believe he got kicked out. Kane anticipated him going up with the ball and tried to poke it free; we had success with that all night. He just happened to be going down with the ball instead.

Does anybody know if he's okay though? That didn't look good, and that would be awful he had vision issues because of this.

xboxfever

Nov 4, 2008
Did not look intentional at all. Rough play that you hate to see, but not intentional.

The ball was going down and Kanes hands were heading straight for the face. If you put up a poll on say ESPN, and got the opinion of everyone in Amercia, over 90% would say that looked intentional. The good news is, in the end it didn't hurt the team.

xboxfever

Nov 4, 2008
I couldn't believe he got kicked out. Kane anticipated him going up with the ball and tried to poke it free; we had success with that all night. He just happened to be going down with the ball instead.

Does anybody know if he's okay though? That didn't look good, and that would be awful he had vision issues because of this.

I would like to know that as well. I hope the kid ends up being alright. You hate to see things like that happen.

herbicide

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
Ankeny, IA
holy cow people, watch it in REAL time. Kane is raising his arms like anyone else would do. End up being a horrific play indeed, but slow motion and still shots don't show the real story. Fans will be more upset about this stuff than players will...

If you've played the game, you know stuff like this happens. Personally a bloody tongue has saved a concussion and broke teeth several times... that weren't even fouls...

NorthCyd

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 22, 2011
Classic pro wrestling move there. When he doubled over, I would have liked to see Kane follow it up with a headlock driver into the mat...er...court.

BZkkga6CMAARunA.jpg:large

LutherBlue

Oct 19, 2006
Maybe it's a flagrant 1 but just before they called a foul on Houge for getting hit it the mouth by an elbow.
It looked to me like Hogue fouled the shooter on his left arm before Hogue took the elbow to the face. I didn't think it was a bad call. I'll have to watch it again.

NorthCyd

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 22, 2011
The ball was going down and Kanes hands were heading straight for the face. If you put up a poll on say ESPN, and got the opinion of everyone in Amercia, over 90% would say that looked intentional. The good news is, in the end it didn't hurt the team.

You honestly think he was intentionally trying to claw the guy in the face? Cmon. If he had jacked him it would be one thing, but I have a hard time believeing that is what he wanted to do.

WichitaClone

Oct 7, 2010
Wichita, KS
holy cow people, watch it in REAL time. Kane is raising his arms like anyone else would do. End up being a horrific play indeed, but slow motion and still shots don't show the real story. Fans will be more upset about this stuff than players will...

If you've played the game, you know stuff like this happens. Personally a bloody tongue has saved a concussion and broke teeth several times... that weren't even fouls...

Agreed. The still and slow-mo look bad, but real time is a different story.

IAStubborn

Aug 16, 2012
What happened exactly? I didn't see. Did he purposely go for the dudes eyes?
No. He looked like he was going to pump fake but didn't, kane anticipating the ball going up put his hands up as the guy instead leaned in. So with no ball there it kind of looked bad as his hands went right into his face.

Last edited:

burn587

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 14, 2006
Denver, CO
I thought the call was correct but also that Kane was not intentionally poking him in the eyes. It seemed like he started to put his arms up and then kind of froze and made a bad decision. Hope Ivan Drago is okay, couldn't have felt great.

xboxfever

Nov 4, 2008
You honestly think he was intentionally trying to claw the guy in the face? Cmon. If he had jacked him it would be one thing, but I have a hard time believeing that is what he wanted to do.

I don't think he was intentionally trying to gauge the eyes, but it looked like he was intentionally going for the face. I'll have to watch it in regular speed again.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron