Juwan Staten calls Georges Niang "Fat Boy"

bigsag

Jan 27, 2009
All that I know is that 24 hours later, the West Virginia fans are still talking about Georges Niang (Scout forum). The only stat that you need to know about Georges Niang is that in the last 5 minutes of the game, he shoots +60 % from the floor. (When it is clutch time, you want Georges on your side.)

WAP311

Jul 17, 2012
Waukee
I just hope that he didn't call him "Jive Turkey"[video=youtube_share;RAVoQ2kshN8]http://youtu.be/RAVoQ2kshN8[/video]

k123

Sep 14, 2011
Iowa
Has anyone heard anything Niang has said on the court (against anyone)? Id love to laugh at some anecdotes! I bet hes good too, with some of the crap he comes up with in pressers.

Bump from pg 1. Anyone actually heard any anecdotes beyond just reputation?

MntneerLegion

Dec 16, 2011
As a WVU fan you guys crack me up. I've really enjoyed this thread...OP was looking to seed some hatred and nothing but a 5 page thread of humor.

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
So, MntneerL, do you consider WV a "rival" to Iowa State?

MntneerLegion

Dec 16, 2011
So, MntneerL, do you consider WV a "rival" to Iowa State?

I posted this in the other thread that is running on this....

Regardless of the blowout (our first BB game with all the kung foo fighting) the guys were into it....that reeks of rivalry. It's early so only time will tell but the seed is there. We have sister stadiums, both endure jokes of being hicks from nowhere, have passionate fans for teams that don't always produce...I would be fond of a rivalry with you all. You all will never be a sPitt for us, that takes geography and recruiting grounds and many years of mutual HATRED but as far as our new home in the Big 12 I could see it happening.

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
I posted this in the other thread that is running on this....

Regardless of the blowout (our first BB game with all the kung foo fighting) the guys were into it....that reeks of rivalry. It's early so only time will tell but the seed is there. We have sister stadiums, both endure jokes of being hicks from nowhere, have passionate fans for teams that don't always produce...I would be fond of a rivalry with you all. You all will never be a sPitt for us, that takes geography and recruiting grounds and many years of mutual HATRED but as far as our new home in the Big 12 I could see it happening.

It seems like we are picking up in BB right where we left off in FB in terms of "not liking" each other on the field/court.

MntneerLegion

Dec 16, 2011
It seems like we are picking up in BB right where we left off in FB in terms of "not liking" each other on the field/court.

I just hope it doesn't become like our rivalry with sPitt. The dialogue with them has become so vitriolic that it's not fun any more. I like to enjoy sports. I like to revel in the victories and loathe the losses without it becoming un-enjoyable.

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
I just hope it doesn't become like our rivalry with sPitt. The dialogue with them has become so vitriolic that it's not fun any more. I like to enjoy sports. I like to revel in the victories and loathe the losses without it becoming un-enjoyable.

Years ago, I tended to cheer for WV, especially in bowl games. However, when Geno Smith ran over our 65+ year old Defensive Coordinator going to the locker room at half-time and didn't care, I turned on the whole WV program. By the way, it is a good thing that Wally never got hold of Geno because Wally would have killed him.

Was Geno as big a jerk as he seemed to us?

MntneerLegion

Dec 16, 2011
Years ago, I tended to cheer for WV, especially in bowl games. However, when Geno Smith ran over our 65+ year old Defensive Coordinator going to the locker room at half-time and didn't care, I turned on the whole WV program. By the way, it is a good thing that Wally never got hold of Geno because Wally would have killed him.

Was Geno as big a jerk as he seemed to us?

I don't know of the incident that you speak of...you got a gif? No doubt Geno was cocky...you've got to be if you're going to lead a team...don't mistake this as a defense for his actions if he did intentionally run down a 65 year old. That said without seeing it my first thought is that it was unintentional...admittedly I'm a homer. What is the benefit of such an action? That also said, he did give the upside down hookem horns sign after he was provoked by the UT crowd so....

longtimeclone

Dec 8, 2009
Up north
...or they are an hour ahead on the time zone difference. :wink:

Meh I bet the average dairy farmer in the Midwest is up before the average person on the East coast.

Also some places have their business hours later in that day so they can work with people in other time zones. Unless people have to drop their kids off at school at 8, I bet these people wake up around the same time.

chadly82

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 10, 2009
The best thing ive ever see georges do on a court during dead ball stuff was bumping into craft last year cause Craft....is a dbag...

Help Support Us

Become a patron