Just when i think i can’t love him more

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
I read in the register (can’t link in on a phone) that Campbell offset some of the salary cuts his coaches took.

also, his buyout is still $6 million. I thought it had gotten lower than that.

clone4life82

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 17, 2008
Ankeny
The ole’ bait n switch... for the record I figured it was CMC the whole time

Bigman38

SuperFanatic
Jul 27, 2010
Council Bluffs, IA
I’m as pessimistic about these things as anyone but it seems like he gives a crap about the people he leads, and not just to the point of how much it helps his career. Not easy to find those people in any business.

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
CMC just "gets it".

Your coaching staff will run through walls for you when you do that kind of thing.

Meanwhile, over in IC, KF throws his assistants under the bus while protecting his own son. Disgusting.

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
I read in the register (can’t link in on a phone) that Campbell offset some of the salary cuts his coaches took.

I would gladly offset some of my salary if this man stays here longer.

Cydkar

Apr 12, 2006

Don't fall in love with coaches. They will divorce you.

CascadeClone

Oct 24, 2009
CMC just "gets it".

Your coaching staff will run through walls for you when you do that kind of thing.

Meanwhile, over in IC, KF throws his assistants under the bus while protecting his own son. Disgusting.

Giving someone $1M for being a racially insensitive bully?

Quick, someone throw me under that bus too!

Reactions: Cyclad and 20eyes

Jiub

Nov 11, 2015
Des Moines
That’s awesome, it shows you how selfless and caring the man is!

Really once you have your bills covered, money saved for a rainy day, kids’ 529 accounts funded, cars paid (all of which I’m sure Matt can do in a year) I can’t imagine needing much more money, but glad he was able to do this for his work family.

cycloneML

Mar 5, 2008

He’s more your type than Fred?

Gunnerclone

Jul 16, 2010
DSM
That’s awesome, it shows you how selfless and caring the man is!

Really once you have your bills covered, money saved for a rainy day, kids’ 529 accounts funded, cars paid (all of which I’m sure Matt can do in a year) I can’t imagine needing much more money, but glad he was able to do this for his work family.

A year? He’s netting like 20k a week lol.

knowlesjam

Oct 21, 2012
Papillion, NE
CMC just "gets it".

Wait...Ferentz took a pay cut, for the good of the school...right? Oh, and he issued a statement early backing his players and rights to free speech...right? And I'm sure he has already offered to make up salary cuts that his staff might need to make...right?

A true beacon of light there in Eastern Iowa....

Help Support Us

Become a patron