Josh Lenz - 4.35 speed

MilehighClone

Sep 14, 2007
You know, I will stand up for Josh here. I am friends with him, I played football with him, and he is just as good of an athlete as he seem in the papers. How often does a freshman come to a pretty big high school, start as a sophomore in football, start as a freshman in basketball and win the 100 meter dash against some of the best and fastest people in the area? His speed on the track, according to paper, hasn't improved in the past 4 years of high school for him, if the above statement is correct. He won city with a 11.00 flat his freshman year. I feel that he has a chance to make big things happen in Ames. Last week, he was playing basketball for Hempstead. He had a pick set on his defender, swong around him and threw it down 2 handed. This guy isnt 6'4, he is probably 6'1 with the leaping abiliy of someone that is 6'4 6'5. I think he would benefit greatly as a wingback, because getting the ball in his hands as quick as possible is the best idea. Im not saying his is the greatest, by far, but if he is used correctly, he would definately be the Wes Welter(whatever his name is from the Patriots) for Iowa State.
With that kind of speed and toughness, it sounds like he would make a good safety and he could possibly get some pt as a true.

woodie

Apr 10, 2006
josh lenz will be a baller.he definately will be an athlete at iowa state-he is super fast in the 40.mark mangino ,the coach at kansas only runs the 40 in about 13.64 seconds. i will take all the kids that have run 4.3 40s to 4.4 40's that we can recruit.our football program will improve and our track squad will benefit.hey josh,i am happy you are a cyclone

TheGovernator

Nov 5, 2008
josh lenz will be a baller.he definately will be an athlete at iowa state-he is super fast in the 40.mark mangino ,the coach at kansas only runs the 40 in about 13.64 seconds. i will take all the kids that have run 4.3 40s to 4.4 40's that we can recruit.our football program will improve and our track squad will benefit.hey josh,i am happy you are a cyclone

I'm not sure why everyone is so obsessed about 40 times. How often do players run 40 yards straight downfield? Take Chad Greenway for example, he didn't run the fastest 40 time, but he could cover sideline to sideline better than most. I agree with the guy that said it's about the intangibles, it's nice to have guys with 4.3-4.4 40 times...but I'm looking at football speed over 40 times.

Just because a guy has good straight ahead speed doesn't mean they have good lateral speed, which is used a lot more in football than straight ahead speed...