Josh Johnson Enters Transfer Portal

cyyote15

Nov 3, 2013
Sioux Falls, SD
Per Alex Halsted.

This is a little disappointing. I was excited for his potential and he seemed to run really solid routes. Hopefully this means there is good competition for the young guys and he was getting passed over.

Good luck to Josh.

ForbinsAscynt

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 8, 2014
That’s a typo in the name right? Wasn’t he supposed to see a lot of snaps this year

Reactions: slipp71

Rabbuk

Mar 1, 2011
Must have got jumped by guys in camp? Seems like he was a number 2 last year behind Hakeem

jbindm

Dec 2, 2010
Des Moines
Per Alex Halsted.

This is a little disappointing. I was excited for his potential and he seemed to run really solid routes. Hopefully this means there is good competition for the young guys and he was getting passed over.

Good luck to Josh.

Yeah, I hate to speculate but a transfer this time of year might mean that after spring practice the writing was on the wall. Or maybe he was just homesick. Who knows? Good luck to him wherever he lands. He had a very impressive offer list coming out of high school.

dualthreat

Oct 8, 2008
When I watched his HS film and video of him from camps I had him pegged as a future stud. Turns out he was a lot smaller than he was originally listed... probably fit well as a slot receiver but couldn't beat out Tarique and DeShaunte or Akers.

Hopefully this is a testament to our receiver room.

• Agree
Reactions: cyfan92

CyCloned

Oct 18, 2006
Robins, Iowa
Hopefully this is a testament to our receiver room.

At this point you would think that is the case. That or something else is going on and he is looking for a new start.

Hate to see guys leave, but there has been an improvement in recruiting at every position, and some guys are just not going to get the playing time they thought they would.

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
No matter how we want to try to spin this, it isn't good news for the WR group IMO. Josh was definitely in the mix for quite a bit of playing time this year. Maybe not a starter yet, but this will hurt depth for sure.

People have forgotten about Jalen Martin too. Didn't see his name mentioned in posts above.

Brandon

Feb 6, 2014
No matter how we want to try to spin this, it isn't good news for the WR group IMO. Josh was definitely in the mix for quite a bit of playing time this year. Maybe not a starter yet, but this will hurt depth for sure.

People have forgotten about Jalen Martin too. Didn't see his name mentioned in posts above.

A 4* getting passed up on the depth chart is bad?