Jordan Railey

cyclone111

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 11, 2008
boone
Jordan Railey suspended first 3 games this year per Fred Hoiberg on Out of Bounds show.

CyberJJJ

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2006
Johnston, IA
He won't see anything but garbage time anyway.

I am not so sure. He provides a good inside defensive presence that we don't have a lot of proven. Not like I expect him to start, but without having seen Booker or Gibson, I think we will need "spot" minutes much more than just "garbage" minutes.

madcityCY

Nov 29, 2006
Madison, WI
I agree, his size will help and his nice mid range jumper will be an asset.

Similar to last year, I think Railey's role will be to spot minutes playing defense against active and physical post players. His size, and five fouls are more important than people think, hence it should help keep White out of foul trouble - that's important.

Cydkar

Apr 12, 2006
I think people underestimate Railey. I wouldn't be surprised if he is a bigger contributor than Booker.

I don't predict it but it wouldn't surprise me. A combo of too high of expectations for Booker and too low for Railey.

rholtgraves

Sep 25, 2009
I don't think this has much of a chance of happening but I guess it could.

What have you seen from Booker that suggests he is that much better than Railey? Is it the 6 points and 4 rebounds a game he had when he was a sophomore at a midmajor?

I think people are really underestimating the impact Railey could have. He is our tallest player and will be an asset against bigger teams. Freshman centers rarely set the world on fire.

LostinIowaCity

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 15, 2011
Ames, IA
What have you seen from Booker that suggests he is that much better than Railey? Is it the 6 points and 4 rebounds a game he had when he was a sophomore at a midmajor?

I think people are really underestimating the impact Railey could have. He is our tallest player and will be an asset against bigger teams. Freshman centers rarely set the world on fire.

+1

Railey has a chance to be a much better player than what we saw last year. I don't expect much out of him this year either, but he could be a very big part of our team down the line.

DRCHIRO

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 13, 2008
+1

Railey has a chance to be a much better player than what we saw last year. I don't expect much out of him this year either, but he could be a very big part of our team down the line.

I think his ceiling is Homan.

He is big, has a mean streak and likes to drink.

cycloneryan

May 21, 2006
Des Moines
I watched him in the Capitol City League this summer and came away really disappointed. Not in his ability but in his attitude. He complained about every call the refs made, never participated in team huddles and got into it with Palo for no reason other than Palo was playing hard. I actually hope he doesn't see the court until his attitude has changed.

MissouriCyclone

Jul 24, 2011
Raleigh, North Carolina
I was never impressed with him last year. Looked too scared (as anyone would be in the Big XII as a freshman), however he may have gotten better over the summer. I went to a practice once last year and was impressed with Booker's intensity. Was very slow and wasn't conditioned well, but he at least didn't look scared like Railey did most of the year last year.

And yes I miss Godfrey. Too bad he was a ******* and screwed up a scholarship and chance to maybe move onto the next level.