JoePa Fired/What is happening at Penn State?!?!

CtownCyclone

Really Strong Cardinals
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 20, 2010
Where they love the governor
Anyone else see where McQuery is saying that he stopped the incident in the shower. I believe it was stated last night on ESPN sometime during the Washington state Gonzaga game.

He said that people know him, and not all the facts came out. He didn't run away and let it continue, he stopped it.

I saw this as well. To me, it seems like this is coming out late. If he would have stopped it, don't you think that would have been in the grand jury findings?

UNIGuy4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 11, 2009
I saw this as well. To me, it seems like this is coming out late. If he would have stopped it, don't you think that would have been in the grand jury findings?
Why wouldn't he state this during testimony to the grand jury? His story keeps changing.

bgprest

Aug 18, 2008
Dallas, TX

My take is that it's easy for him to "say" he stopped it. Even in the grand jury report it states that when he saw them, they saw him as well. So of course they would have stopped what they were doing.

MLawrence

Jan 21, 2010
Clonefan94 said:
Sorry to drag this thing back out of the trenches, but is anyone else amazed at how little this football season has been about football?

There have been some pretty big stories about college football that have taken place off the field. Some other ones that you forgot to mention is Jim Tressel resigning at Ohio State due to players getting improper benifits and Miami and their fiasco. It could also be that most of college football big time programs are not that great like Notre Dame, Texas, USC, Michigan, Ohio State, and Miami.

CtownCyclone

Really Strong Cardinals
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 20, 2010
My take is that it's easy for him to "say" he stopped it. Even in the grand jury report it states that when he saw them, they saw him as well. So of course they would have stopped what they were doing.

They stopped when he saw them. What happened when he rolled out to go home and call his dad?

CtownCyclone

Really Strong Cardinals
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 20, 2010

cyclone13

Apr 7, 2009
Special report on Jerry Sandusky, Joe Paterno, Penn State scandal - SI.com - Magazine

From CNNSI.com - the article stated that there have been rumors regarding Sandusky's behavior.

As to the familiar line of inquiry, "Who knew what and when did they know it?" accounts vary wildly. While former players and Sandusky acquaintances profess disbelief over the allegations, others in State College say the rumors had been marinating for years. "When [Sandusky] left, there was speculation about his behavior with young boys," says Rebecca Durst, who owns a barbershop near campus and says her long-term clients include prominent Penn State administrators. "This is a small town. It's been in the rumor mill for a while."

Clone83

Mar 25, 2006
Big article, how the investigation proceeded, what investigators believe others would have known . . .

Inquiry Grew Into Concerns of a Cover-Up
http://www.nytimes.com/2011/11/17/s...sandusky-investigators.html?pagewanted=1&_r=1

STATE COLLEGE, Pa. — A critical break in the investigation of Jerry Sandusky came via a posting on the Internet: a random mention that a Penn State football coach, years before, might have seen something ugly, but kept silent. . . . .

Working off the brief mention on an Internet forum where people chatted about Penn State athletics, according to the two people with knowledge of the case, investigators narrowed their list of coaches likely to have seen something to Mike McQueary, then an assistant coach and the football program’s recruiting coordinator.

State College is a close-knit community. Word would get around that a Penn State coach had met with investigators. So investigators set up a meeting in an out-of-the-way parking lot, according to those with knowledge of the case.

There, one day a little over a year ago, McQueary unburdened himself, the two people said. He needed little prompting. . . . . . . . .

Investigators over the last week have made clear that they have serious doubts about whether so few people in senior positions of responsibility came to know of the 1998 investigation.

“You have to understand those statements in context — there is nothing that happens at State College that Joe Paterno doesn’t know, or that Graham Spanier doesn’t know,†one person involved in the investigation said. “Whether or not a criminal case went forward, there were ample grounds for an administrative inquiry into this matter. I have no evidence that was ever done. And if indeed that report was never passed up, it makes you wonder why not.†. . . . . .

CYlent Bob

Aug 7, 2006
The Winterset Metroplex
So, according to the NY Times, the thing that broke open the Sandusky case wasn't a virtuous coach or administrator going to the police. It wasn't a player spilling their guts. It wasn't a booster passing on a tip.

It was a bunch of couch-bound quarterbacks on a message board repeating "rumors".

Message boards. The whipping boy of all "upright" sports journalists. Message boards did more to stop a child rapist than Joe Freaking Paterno, the World's Greatest Humanitarian. Did I wake up in CrazyWorld this morning?

Now that I know the true power of message boards, I feel the sacred duty to repeat a rumor I heard about how the U of I has been involved in a secret underground dogfighting ring with Mizzou, Texas A&M and Nebraska. Go get 'em, boys. :jimlad:

SCarolinaCy

Jun 20, 2011
Greenville, SC
Good Post.

Spanier graduated from Highland Park High School (Highland Park, Illinois), and earned his bachelor's and master's degrees from Iowa State University where he was honored with the Distinguished Achievement Citation by the ISU Alumni Association in 2004.[2] He earned his Ph.D.. in sociology from Northwestern University where he was a Woodrow Wilson Fellow. While a researcher, he contributed to the publication of ten books and over 100 scholarly journal articles. As a family sociologist, demographer, and marriage and family therapist, he was the founding editor of the Journal of Family Issues.[3] Spanier was also an author of a study in the Archives of Sexual Behavior concerning the practice of mate swapping, or "swinging".[4]

Can't wait to see the spin the ISU Vision Magazine puts on it.

Anyone know the status of Spanier's 2004 ISU Alumni Award? His awards and recognitions received during his years at ISU need to be thoroughly reviewed and appropriate expunging action taken.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron