Joel Lanning

CF_Cyclone

Mar 31, 2006
Cedar Falls, IA
I don't think the problem entirely lies with the QB. It seems that over the last couple of years we have had a difficult time in reading the blitzes. I agree with others on here that much of the problem is in the coaching, and primarily with OC and QB coaching, and that is the same person (Messingham). We need someone who is actually a qb coach, not someone that was coaching TE, then WR's. Another thing I noticed on Saturday is that the offense used to look to the sideline before snapping to allow for play change, but I did not see that Saturday. The one benefit of looking to the sideline is to get the coaches in the booth input on the defensive formation and we may be able to pick up the blitz sooner.

00clone

Apr 12, 2011
Iowa City area
Jay the football player. The guy with a cannon that's 6-2ish 230ish.

Not to mention spitting image of each other.

Nevermind...

low_flyover-67470.gif

Cyclonic1

Aug 7, 2012
Sun City, AZ
I defer to the lack of inadequate coaching to pinning on players. A cycle that is repeating itself.

Hopefully we will not have to turn to Lanning yet with the offensive staff getting **** canned and hiring capable coaches.

Glad you could log in from your barstool.

nhclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 20, 2008
Not to hard to figure out from a bar stool (not that I am at a bar).

Speaking of breaking the cycle, I believe this is the first of your posts since September that wasn't "something something coaches suck something." If you.could do it, I have to believe this team can too.

IAStubborn

Aug 16, 2012
What ever happens I just hope we can get the the point where we don't start seeing QB's take a starting role until they are Juniors. I really struggle with seeing any success on offense when we keep running these redshirt freshman out there as the starter constantly. I can't believe (well maybe with Messingham) that we are so bad at recruiting QB's that once they get to campus we figure out they're terrible so we have to get another freshman out there.
Which makes it hard to recruit new good qbs because they dont think they will get to see the field for a while. cycle repeats. We are playing qbs for a year and a half. Why not get there best years not burn them up and ruin their confidence before they are really ready.

00clone

Apr 12, 2011
Iowa City area
You can call Cutler a lot of things, but calling him a p*$$y is not one of them

OK, since apparently only NicktheGreat got my joke and everyone has a short memory, and I've clearly hit a nerve with bears fans...2011...there were a lot of people calling Cutler soft. Game against the Packers. I personally have no opinion on Cutler myself, haven't watched him enough, but that was the book on him for a while there.

Jay Cutler: Wimp or Victim? - Sports Blog - CBS News

Summary: called out by fellow players, then almost cries about it. Again, I personally don't have an opinion, I'm a CFB guy (although clearly a sprained MCL has sidelined several of our players who didn't 'play thru it'). The joke was in reference to that.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron