JJ Kohl set to compete in Elite 11 this week (Tuesday-Thurs.)

Connor_Ferguson

Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 9, 2019

If you know of a streaming site putting this on, feel free to reply.

CyLyte2

Dec 3, 2020
A guy from Iowa going to Iowa State isn’t sexy enough for the talking heads. He’ll impress when he’s there.

CycloneFan97

Jun 19, 2017
JJ Kohl has arrived to California, he had a quick interview with Blair Angulo and here's what he had to say about Elite 11 and his Iowa State commitment:

"It's special for me to be here and I'm looking forward to this event. I saw videos of this event growing up and seeing what they did, it's special for me to be a part of. I'm looking forward to competing and showing what I can do. For me, right now it's about creating relationships, but when it's time to be on the field, it's going to be about staying within myself and focusing on what I have to do to be the best."

"The people at Iowa State was the biggest thing for me in my commitment. Coach Campbell has done a great job surrounding himself with a great staff, he's humble and an honest man, and I know I really wanted to play for him. It was the first school to offer me and they showed the same amount of interest the first day and the last day of my recruitment. ... Coach Campbell will be there for a while. He's had opportunities to go other places, but that staff has stayed together, the connections are great and I feel like we can all talk about anything."

CycloneFan97

Jun 19, 2017
8:04 p.m. PT: Iowa State commit JJ Kohl and Clemson pledge Christopher Vizzina are standing out in the group that includes Malachi Nelson, Jaden Rashada and Brady Drogosh. Kohl and Vizzina have had some fantastic throws with few if any misses. Nelson has had a handful of misses along with some nice passes. Rashada has a ton of velocity but has been a little erratic. — Charles Power, On3 Director of Scouting and Rankings

7:50 p.m. PT: The ball continues to jump out of Iowa State verbal JJ Kohl’s hand. — Charles Power, On3 Director of Scouting and Rankings

7:12 p.m. PT: Iowa State verbal JJ Kohl has been sharp. Very easy coming out of his hand. — On3 Director of Recruiting Chad Simmons

6:58 p.m. PT: I’m impressed with Baylor commit Austin Novosad and Iowa State pledge JJ Kohl so far in this camera station. Novosad has pure natural mechanics and Kohl has considerable juice on his throws. — Charles Power, On3 Director of Scouting and Rankings

6:41 p.m. PT: Iowa State commit JJ Kohl has shown one of the strongest arms thus far in throwing to the sideline. — Charles Power, On3 Director of Scouting and Rankings

Last edited:

NorthCyd

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 22, 2011
Man is he exciting. I haven't seen him enough to know how skilled he is, but physically he's a unicorn for the QB position.

CycloneFan97

Jun 19, 2017
It's pretty wild to see the difference in rankings between On3, who has him highly ranked, and 247Sports who doesn't have him in their top 11 after day one

Last edited:
Reactions: isutrevman

alenz95

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 16, 2015
Bettendorf/ Ames
JJ wasn’t exactly an under the radar prospect, but it’s insane how well this staff identifies talent. Every year it feels like our high end commits just shoot up the ranking during their senior years.

Reactions: isutrevman

Frak

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 27, 2009
I remember seeing updates from camp at ISU where the staff was almost giddy watching the ball jump off his hand. Kid has a cannon. There was zero doubt he was going to do well at elite 11. The area that Kohl kind of lacks is speed and mobility. Maybe lacks isn’t the right word but it’s not his strong suit. But in this kind of setting, players don’t really get penalized for that. It’s more about just making the throws.

Reactions: Magic

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron