JJ Kohl Elite 11 Superlatives

WesRuby

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 2, 2014
Seems like a stretch...but is there any way that JJ could be a 5 star after his success at E11 along with ongoing interest from LSU and OSU?

CycloneWanderer

Nov 4, 2007
Wandering
Seems like a stretch...but is there any way that JJ could be a 5 star after his success at E11 along with ongoing interest from LSU and OSU?

No idea. I would normally be pessimistic about any of our recruits getting a 5th star in football; at the same time, he really seems to have performed well over the last month or so.

BMWallace

SuperFanatic
Sep 11, 2011
Chicago, IL
I saw a tweet referring to that. Is that even remotely true? I mean, they can probably throw loads of NIL$ at him, but the way he's recruiting other players to come here and parents are ISU'ers, I find it hard to believe he'd let them even entertain the thought.
I would also expect that Jamie being so tied into the world of college recruiting should help JJ and the Kohl family better navigate the offers that are coming his way. JJ has a lot of resources to rely on to help guide him.

Aclone

Dec 14, 2007
Des Moines, Ia.
It’s been incorporated for a few weeks or so. His composite moved up yesterday after his bump on On3.
Okay, thanks. I googled and only found references saying they include their own, Rivals and ESPN in the Composite rankings, not that they ever added On3 to the mix.

I thought he got the bump from his 247 ranking going up.

Cycl0nepower

Apr 4, 2020
Ohio
Okay, thanks. I googled and only found references saying they include their own, Rivals and ESPN in the Composite rankings, not that they ever added On3 to the mix.

I thought he got the bump from his 247 ranking going up.
Yeah it’s fairly new, but he was bumped last week on 247. Then On3 jumped to a 96 so that’s why his composite is a 92ish.

Stewo

Oct 29, 2008
Iowa
I expect another bump whenever Rivals gets around to updating their rankings.
Rivals' head of recruiting saw him live for the first time during the E11 and had super high praise for him. Below is a story from him where he mentions Kohl as an outside shot for a 5th star. Probably not going to happen (at least right now), but it just goes to show how impressive he truly is.

Aclone

Dec 14, 2007
Des Moines, Ia.
I would also expect that Jamie being so tied into the world of college recruiting should help JJ and the Kohl family better navigate the offers that are coming his way. JJ has a lot of resources to rely on to help guide him.
I don’t think he needs much “guiding”. He said he’s been shutting down any colleges that call.

t-noah

Feb 2, 2007
I expect another bump whenever Rivals gets around to updating their rankings.
Pretty soon I will be presidential material. I am anxiously awaiting my bump.

I will of course, refuse, nor will I accept, the nomination of my party, for president. Or something like that.