NFL: Jets are a trainwreck

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

Mr Janny

Welcome to the Office of Secret Intelligence
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
Mar 27, 2006

mj4cy

Asst. Regional Manager
Staff member
Mar 28, 2006
Iowa
I can't stand anonymous quotes. Grow a pair and put your name to it.

jbhtexas

Oct 20, 2006
Arlington, TX
So Sanchez and the offense are stinking it up, and as such, the players choose to bash the backup QB who hasn't played. I like the psuedo-twisted-reverse psychology angle. Should definitely make things better...

Rabbuk

Mar 1, 2011
[video=youtube;zMK9FKMG3Nc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zMK9FKMG3Nc[/video]
posting for irony's sake.

Cy4Patriots

Jan 10, 2011
The whole team is a joke and always has been.

The players take after Ryan and talk ****.

They need to gut the whole team and start over. Sanchez blows and everyone knows it.

Mr Janny

Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
Mar 27, 2006
So Sanchez and the offense are stinking it up, and as such, the players choose to bash the backup QB who hasn't played. I like the psuedo-twisted-reverse psychology angle. Should definitely make things better...

yeah, definitely a trainwreck.

I do find it interesting that some of them don't even view Tebow as a QB.

“It’s not even close. All the other quarterbacks know it. I have all the confidence in Mark. We don’t really have a choice.”

“We have Greg . . . and we have an athlete”

“We don’t look at him as a quarterback.”

Even if Tebow does, somehow, get a chance to start, it doesn't sound like the team has a lot of faith in him. That won't produce good results

jbindm

Dec 2, 2010
Des Moines
I can't stand anonymous quotes. Grow a pair and put your name to it.

I'm with you. Credit to Matt Slauson for putting his name on what he said. Rex Ryan has fostered a really toxic environment in that locker room. His time in NY is just about up.

Cycl1

Mar 14, 2012
North Liberty
Makes me feel bad for Tebow, nothing like gettign absolutely trashed by your team when you get used zilch by your coach. Tebow's strength is getting the best out of his teammates. Doesn't sound like he has the support to succeed there even if given the shot to play.

Mr Janny

Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
Mar 27, 2006
Makes me feel bad for Tebow, nothing like gettign absolutely trashed by your team when you get used zilch by your coach. Tebow's strength is getting the best out of his teammates. Doesn't sound like he has the support to succeed there even if given the shot to play.

Actually, Tebow's greatest strength is his ability to convince some people that he's a viable NFL quarterback.

But you're right, if the team doesn't believe he can do it, he's not likely to get their best effort, even if he does get a shot at starting.

carvers4math

Mar 15, 2012
Why not? it was a national craze. I mean, ffs if they are going to put your move in madden, you might as well make money on it. "Fear the brow" is trademarked i beleive.

Maybe because it is a distraction. Maybe because it raises questions about your sincerity. Maybe because it draws more attention to your celebrity status and you're planning on writing another book. But not because it is going to benefit your team in any way.

Cycl1

Mar 14, 2012
North Liberty
Actually, Tebow's greatest strength is his ability to convince some people that he's a viable NFL quarterback.

But you're right, if the team doesn't believe he can do it, he's not likely to get their best effort, even if he does get a shot at starting.

I bet his > .500 record as a starter is what is tricking them.

jbhtexas

Oct 20, 2006
Arlington, TX
Denver's defense is >.500 i think you mean.

The guy passed for over 300 yds and 2 TDs, and rushed for 50 yds against a 12-win Pittsburgh team in a playoff game, and his team won. Somehow, I think one must possess some skill to pull this off...

Rabbuk

Mar 1, 2011
The guy passed for over 300 yds and 2 TDs, and rushed for 50 yds against a 12-win Pittsburgh team in a playoff game, and his team won. Somehow, I think one must possess some skill to pull this off...
Ike taylor sucking accounted for about half those yards and at least one td.