Jesse Smith- NATIONAL Defensive Player of the Week

jtwilson

Nov 27, 2006
Ames
Iowa State linebacker Jesse Smith has been named the Walter Camp national defensive player of the week for his play in Saturday’s 9-7 win at Nebraska.
The senior had 12 tackles, including two for loss in the Cyclones’ first win at Nebraska since 1977.
Smith also forced a fumble, broke up a pass, and sealed the win with an interception with 1:31 left in the game.

Big-time national honor for Jesse Smith « Des Moines Register Staff Blogs | The Des Moines Register

Congrats! And well deserved!

CysRage

Oct 18, 2009
Just to think he was a walk-on in the beginning. Congrats man!
GO STATE!

EYEoftheSTORM

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 3, 2009
Ames, Iowa
Congrats Jesse, I was at the game and you were a complete animal out there, I kept telling my Husker friend to watch out for number 54, he well ram you into the ground, that aside, you deserved the defensive player of the week hands down on your effort and determination for the Cyclone win and breaking the streak, its been a very long 32 years and we are all glad to have that monkey off our back, both of them that is....

Job well done 54 :yes:

bos

Legend
Staff member
Apr 10, 2006
Does anyone look at him and notice his crazy eyes? Its like there is nothing behind there but **** and vinegar. He looks like he will stomp you down and eat you. I have to say its awesome.

Cyfan4good

Jul 7, 2009
Ankeny
Well done Jesse!!! You deserve it, you had an amazing game. Keep up the good work!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :notworthy:

Cyrok

Oct 14, 2009
DSM
Iowa State linebacker Jesse Smith has been named the Walter Camp national defensive player of the week for his play in Saturday’s 9-7 win at Nebraska.
The senior had 12 tackles, including two for loss in the Cyclones’ first win at Nebraska since 1977.
Smith also forced a fumble, broke up a pass, and sealed the win with an interception with 1:31 left in the game.

Is that seriously all the register can say about him??? Just some facts from the game?

Where is the disappointed smiley?

cy2win

May 15, 2006
Does anyone look at him and notice his crazy eyes? Its like there is nothing behind there but **** and vinegar. He looks like he will stomp you down and eat you. I have to say its awesome.

Jesse Smith pours 10 penny nails on his razor wire for breakfast...

LindenCy

Kevin Dresser Fan Club
Staff member
Mar 19, 2006
Chicago, IL
That is AWESOME news. It is nice to get accolades like this that go into the permanent file. Congrats!

Help Support Us

Become a patron