Jesse Doyle

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

buf87

Dec 15, 2010
Iowa
WHS’ Doyle has high aspirations | Courier Tribune, Asheboro

I didn't realize Jesse wasn't coming straight to Iowa State!

Which is why, after his final year at Wheatmore, Doyle isn’t heading straight to Ames. First, he’s going to Colorado Springs, Colo., to train at the Olympic training center for a year and a half.

“It’s just a training opportunity,†he said. “They hand-pick two or three people out of the nation. It’s like a $23,000 scholarship where you get to train with the U.S. team. They expose people young so after college they come back. … It’s my intention to go to the Olympics.â€

Maybe this freed up some money for some other recruits

Reactions: Clone83

Royalclone

Jun 22, 2008
Lee's Summit, MO
So he is spending his redshirt year at the Olympic training center. We don't have to use any of the scholarship allottment during his redshirt..

Judoka

Jun 16, 2010
Timbuktu
So he is spending his redshirt year at the Olympic training center. We don't have to use any of the scholarship allottment during his redshirt..

Unless they've changed the rules I think his clock won't start while he is at the OTC. So when he gets to Ames he will still have 5 years to wrestle 4.

Sobchakcyclone

Feb 8, 2010
Bowling Alley
It makes me wonder how good KJ thinks Tanner Weatherman is? I think Boaz and others should watch their back. I like the quality of guys in the room more and more.

Royalclone

Jun 22, 2008
Lee's Summit, MO
Unless they've changed the rules I think his clock won't start while he is at the OTC. So when he gets to Ames he will still have 5 years to wrestle 4.

Is OTC an exemption, or is the rule that the clock does not start until you enroll at a post-secondary school?

Judoka

Jun 16, 2010
Timbuktu
Is OTC an exemption, or is the rule that the clock does not start until you enroll at a post-secondary school?

There is a rule for Olympic redshirts, but Doyle wouldn't qualify for that. I was referring to the fact that he won't be enrolled anywhere. So I can't see why this would be any different than going to a prep school for a year or something.

buf87

Dec 15, 2010
Iowa
We will have to resign Jesse this year. His committment will be null and void if he doesn't enroll at a school this Fall. Similiar to what happen to Wisconsin and Destin McCauley.

keeponkeepinon

Feb 21, 2012
Lit everyone up in the great wrestling state of North Carolina. Laid an egg at NHSCA. May want to let this one go, boys.

meeksfam

Jul 5, 2011
that is a dumb statement, you choose a kid off of the body of his work, not off of one bad weeked, besides you dont know if he was hurt or sick or what, when you look at the body of work he is a keeper and a good keep at that

keeponkeepinon

Feb 21, 2012
Leave it to the resident message board addict to chime in; thought the coaching staff would've tightened that leash by now.

Greet the posse for me. :twitcy:

Judoka

Jun 16, 2010
Timbuktu
How many alts do you run, Queso? I see you with multiple accounts on just about every wrestling board plus harassing 18 year olds on Twitter. How do you fit it all into each day?