Jeremy Hollowell visit

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

CurvedAir

Sep 30, 2012
Kansas City
His effort, defense, rebounding, attitude, etc.
This is totally different than those or other transfers. Almost all previous transfers produced at their previous schools. The only one that didn't was Booker. Scotty did not play due to injury. Luscious played and produced much more while playing behind a guy like Lucas. When called on, he delivered though.

I get the warning to not blindly look at stats, but that is what you are doing.

Are you saying you're more familiar with his situation, etc. than Fred? Why is Fred bringing him in if he's such a risk? I guess I'll defer to Fred's opinion and evaluation over yours.

Cyclones01

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 23, 2008
Urbandale
How's this for some rosterbation. If we got Hollowell and Anderson, we could potentially have a 10 man roster that looks like this in two years

2015-2016
G Morris 6'1" (Jr)
G Thomas 6'4" (Jr)
F Nader 6'7" (Sr)
F Niang 6'7" (Sr)
C McKay 6'8" (Sr)

G Custer 6'1" (So)
G Naz 6'4" (Sr)
F Williams 6'9" (So)
F Hollowell 6'8" (Jr)
C Anderson 6'8" (Sr)

When's the last time we had 6 guys over 6'7"?

cyhiphopp

Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
Ankeny
How's this for some rosterbation. If we got Hollowell and Anderson, we could potentially have a 10 man roster that looks like this in two years

2015-2016
G Morris 6'1" (Jr)
G Thomas 6'4" (Sr)
F Nader 6'7" (Sr)
F Niang 6'7" (Sr)
C McKay 6'8" (Sr)

G Custer 6'1" (So)
G Naz 6'4" (Sr)
F Williams 6'9" (So)
F Hollowell 6'8" (Jr)
C Anderson 6'8" (Sr)

When's the last time we had 6 guys over 6'7"?

Thomas is the same year as Morris, but other than that... yummy.

EDIT: aaand you already fixed it.

Dandy

Future CF Mod
Oct 11, 2012
Western Iowa
I watch a lot of Indiana basketball due to the fact that many of my family members are graduates. My brother gets season tickets every year and fills me in with about all the players every time I attend a game. The season opener of the 2012 season, he pointed at a player and told me, that player is going to be a star, Tom Crean is praising him. He was pointing at Jeremy Hollowell. Unfortunately, Tom Crean doesn't develop talent. Fred Hoiberg would have to invest time into Hollowell to get the most out of him, but I think he is the best transfer left on the list.

See: redshirt transfer year.

kentkel

Apr 12, 2006
Take both. It's a frontcourt loading scheme.
I also like the length (along with the obvious athleticism) of the transfers we are recruiting. Think of the difficulty opposing offenses will have shooting 3s over that length.

swarthmoreCY

Aug 9, 2008
Here nor there
Are you saying you're more familiar with his situation, etc. than Fred? Why is Fred bringing him in if he's such a risk? I guess I'll defer to Fred's opinion and evaluation over yours.

Is anyone here? Shut down the MBB forum.

Fred is likely doing the veting process. We have brought in recruits before and afterwards decided to go in a different direction.

Have you even watched more than highlight tape on him? Do you follow IU basketball or Indiana prep hoops?
I think we all support Fred's decision, but there are always things that do not go as planned. In that context, there is no reason to mute the discovery process on these guys. Especially when he is not yet a Cyclone.

Cyclones01

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 23, 2008
Urbandale
We could see this lineup on the floor at some point

Nader 6'7"
Williams 6'9"
Niang 6'7"
Anderson 6'8"
McKay 6'8"

HOW ON EARTH WOULD YOU DEFEND THAT!?!?!

HOW!?!

CoKane

Oct 26, 2013
Cedar Rapids
I'm a little concerned with all the transfers. It is starting to feel just a little bit more like Indian Hills rather than ISU. Don't take this wrong but I hope we can start getting more HS folks to commit down the road. I really like the ones we have and hope they become the foundation of the program. Folks like Melvin really get the fan base fired up.

Isn't Indian Hills a top tier CC? I might be wrong, I don't follow CC basketball that much.

Cyclones01

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 23, 2008
Urbandale
Who in that lineup would guard a speedy PG such as Juwan Staten?

Probably Nader or Williams.

I think that lineup would create a lot more match-up problems for the other team than it would for us though.

That's what Hoiball is all about

Snyder21

Apr 25, 2012
Sioux City, IA
This guy has a perfect skill set for Fred. Just because he hasn't produced so much his first two seasons doesn't mean he doesn't have top level talent.

Crean didn't know how to use what he brings to the table. A 6'8 SF who can dribble and likes to create his own shot (more of a wing type). Yogi and the other guards would control the ball and he would have a hard time finding opportunities to play his game. But in our system he would have the freedom to dribble and create for himself and have the green light. Crean even said that he hopes Jeremy can reach his full potential on his new team which should tell you this kid wasn't highly touted for no reason. Thad Matta was after him hard apparently.

He also started the first 14 games. Could be a huge under the radar steal. I like our chances against Georgia State and Houston..

CurvedAir

Sep 30, 2012
Kansas City
Is anyone here? Shut down the MBB forum.

Fred is likely doing the veting process. We have brought in recruits before and afterwards decided to go in a different direction.

Have you even watched more than highlight tape on him? Do you follow IU basketball or Indiana prep hoops?
I think we all support Fred's decision, but there are always things that do not go as planned. In that context, there is no reason to mute the discovery process on these guys. Especially when he is not yet a Cyclone.

You mean "vetting". I really don't follow anything else you said. If Hoiberg is bringing him in, that's good enough for me and his potential value to this program.

kentkel

Apr 12, 2006
I'll disagree with what you are thinking. If what you are thinking is what I think you are thinking.
When I read this, all I thought of was the following (although the line is a little different than your statement. I think I will have TPB quotes in my head all day long now.
[video=youtube;F8y-qy9N01I]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F8y-qy9N01I[/video]

swarthmoreCY

Aug 9, 2008
Here nor there
I'm a little concerned with all the transfers. It is starting to feel just a little bit more like Indian Hills rather than ISU. Don't take this wrong but I hope we can start getting more HS folks to commit down the road. I really like the ones we have and hope they become the foundation of the program. Folks like Melvin really get the fan base fired up.

You mean feels like Kentucky....or any other school that has a lot of early departures (NBA and transfers out). Our average stay does not deviate from the norm as much as you think.

Cyclones01

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 23, 2008
Urbandale
Also, I'm not saying that'd be our starting lineup. But I would not be at all shocked to see Hoiberg throw that lineup out there at times