Jeff Horner to ISU? [No chance]

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

BCoffClone125

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 19, 2010
Salt Lake City, UT
I did witness a twitter fight he had with a HS kid from somewhere else in the metro. That was pure comedy

Not gonna search for it, but I'm pretty sure the guy that started that was a CF user and posted a thread about it. Kind of funny he let some punk kid get to his head.

BWRhasnoAC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2013
Dez Moy Nez
My most vivid memory of Jeff Horner was when he was a freshmen in high school, and starting QB for Mason City. He came to town got sandwich sacked by our all-state nose guard and stud D End. His father, who is a Dr, came out on the field and took him out for the rest of the game.... LOL

tm3308

Jun 13, 2010
Re: Jeff Horner to ISU?

Heard he will be Director of Basketball Operations for University of North Dakota. School isn't ready to announce it yet so he is keeping quiet as well.

I haven't been a fan of his coaching in the past but his team went all the way to the state final this year without a high D1 recruit like he has had in the past (Abrahamson, Jok). Have to give credit where credit is due.

I was getting ready to post this, too. This year's team had some young guys who are going to be pretty good, but they aren't quite ready just yet. Lots of solid players, plus Mason as a defensive stopper. On paper, they had no business beating Dubuque Senior or SC North, and they hung with IC West pretty well.

Section136

Jul 5, 2010
My most vivid memory of Jeff Horner was when he was a freshmen in high school, and starting QB for Mason City. He came to town got sandwich sacked by our all-state nose guard and stud D End. His father, who is a Dr, came out on the field and took him out for the rest of the game.... LOL

You are either stupid or lying....most likely both.

Horner's dad was a teacher at Mason City and the boys basketball coach. He is not a doctor.

BWRhasnoAC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2013
Dez Moy Nez
I googled "Newton 2000" and found no mention of Horner. However, there is a lot of good info on an old apple computer.

LOL I was combing too, but alas no one kept records like us freaks of the digital age...

I graduated same year as Jeff. Didn't know him, but played against him all through high school in football, and watched him on the basketball floor. I don't remember if he played baseball...? Even beat him in '02 season 49-0 if I remember correct. Cold night in Mason City! WINDY! I think he was a wide receiver then though? Help?

Last edited:

jwrussel

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2006
Ankeny, IA
LOL I was combing too, but alas no one kept records like us freaks of the digital age...

I graduated same year as Jeff. Didn't know him, but played against him all through high school in football, and watched him on the basketball floor. I don't remember if he played baseball...? Even beat him in '02 season 49-0 if I remember correct. Cold night in Mason City! WINDY! I think he was a wide receiver then though? Help?
Must have been '01 season. He graduated in '02, so '01 was his senior season. By Mason City standards (for football), his team was decent his senior season. Mason City was actually better though the next year.

chuckd4735

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2006
Indianola
Haha, point proven. Apparently you are just stupid. Horner graduated high school in 2002. His freshman season of football would have been 1998.

Well since Mason Citys freshman team probably does not travel to Newton, its safe to assume it was his sophomore or junior year.

Regardless, Jeff Horner is a ******

Section136

Jul 5, 2010
Well since Mason Citys freshman team probably does not travel to Newton, its safe to assume it was his sophomore or junior year.

Regardless, Jeff Horner is a ******

Nope, Horner started at QB for Mason City his freshmen and sophomore seasons. He played WR as a junior and senior. He was on varsity all 4 years.