Jaz Kunc return timing?

spierceisu

Jan 28, 2007
Ankeny
I know the tentative plan was to bring Jaz back after the Missouri game. Does anyone know if he may play tonight? It may be good way to get him at least a few minutes since Grill is not 100%.

davegilbertson

Sep 3, 2011
I don't want grill back unless he's 100%.
Better to rest him rather than rush him back and lose him for even more games.
I'm not a doctor, but I think if we're waiting for 100%, that doesn't happen until the offseason.

Don't want a Wesley Johnson situation, but I think the training staff will do what's in the best interest of Caleb and the success of the team.

Die4Cy

Jan 2, 2010
I'm not a doctor, but I think if we're waiting for 100%, that doesn't happen until the offseason.

Don't want a Wesley Johnson situation, but I think the training staff will do what's in the best interest of Caleb and the success of the team.

Nobody knows what the injury is or how CG has responded to treatment so far. One thing to consider is that skipping tonight's game is the difference between 6 days of recuperation and 11. I agree that most back injuries probably can't improve all the way in season while playing. Hard to know what the right thing to do is, I just imagine CG will want to play.

• Agree
Reactions: riceville98

Sigmapolis

Minister of Economy
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 10, 2011
Waukee
Our offense is lost without him. We need him even as a decoy

Big 12 teams aren't dumb.

If they know he isn't going to shoot it (or make it) they'll sag off.

Lipsey is getting that treatment hard right now.

The best thing would be for Caleb to disabuse them of that notion.

Sigmapolis

Minister of Economy
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 10, 2011
Waukee
I love Lipseys overall game but his next big step needs to be confidence to chuck up the threes

Lipsey is already a very good Big 12 two-way point guard as a freshman. But his ceiling in college and professionally is limited if he's zero threat from the outside. The good news is I'm sure the coaching staff will communicate this to him and he's going to be taking a thousand threes per day this summer.

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
Lipsey is already a very good Big 12 two-way point guard as a freshman. But his ceiling in college and professionally is limited if he's zero threat from the outside. The good news is I'm sure the coaching staff will communicate this to him and he's going to be taking a thousand threes per day this summer.

If a team wants to go overboard and give him as much space as K State did, I'll take that as a win for ISU. A good defense will pressure the other team's best playmaker whether he's shooting or not. He's already elite at taking it to the basket and finishing so K State was basically teeing it up for him by going so extreme on not defending him.

• Agree
Reactions: cyclones12321

RustShack

Chiefs Dynasty
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 27, 2010
Overland Park
I’ve never heard anything other than the thought was he’d be back by the Kansas game at the earliest.

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
I’ve never heard anything other than the thought was he’d be back by the Kansas game at the earliest.

The original guess worked out to around now so I get why people who were checking off the days think right now.

We just need some more outside shooting from somewhere and either injured guy can provide it. Gonna have to win with defense or Gabe/Holmes taking over. We basically have two guys who can hit an outside shot confidently right now which is kind of nuts.

I do wonder if shooting touch might be more off for Jaz with his type of injury vs Grill. Jaz helps rebounding right away but Tre King has been able to cover for a lot of that, Ward too sometimes.

tomar1

Aug 16, 2008
Lipsey just needs to keep driving to the basket! Shoot 15 foot jump shots and be a good distributor to Osun for a lob! The occasional 3 will start dropping just needs a little confidence!

AgronAlum

Jul 12, 2014
Lipsey just needs to keep driving to the basket! Shoot 15 foot jump shots and be a good distributor to Osun for a lob! The occasional 3 will start dropping just needs a little confidence!

Lipsey desperately needs to shoot the ball when he’s wide open. It’s 4 on 5 when he’s zero threat to shoot from the guard position.