JAY JORDAN ANALYSIS: Speculative preview for South Dakota State

huntt26

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2006
po' dUnk
Bummer. Didn't realize SDSU was pretty darn good. I had this marked as a for sure 100% win for Iowa State.

I must have been thinking of Western Illinois or something.

• Agree
Reactions: khardbored

norcalcy

Oct 20, 2010
Thanks so much for these write-ups. They help us get through the desert that is the off season. Jay provides a high quality breakdown that even the casual fan can interpret.

Regarding the SDSU game. As is always the case when ISU plays FCS powerhouses there is legitimate reason for concern. We are so much better off talent wise and development wise than we were two years ago against UNI and way ahead of where we were four years ago against the Bison.

I feel a lot better about our young safeties having seen them perform against that high powered Memphis offense in the bowl game. Can't wait to see what the O line looks like. It's going to take a couple of games to determine if things have improved.

• Agree
Reactions: MrPeske

CYCLNST8

Jul 19, 2008
Urbandale
www.gimikk.com
Bummer. Didn't realize SDSU was pretty darn good. I had this marked as a for sure 100% win for Iowa State.

I must have been thinking of Western Illinois or something.

As an ISU football fan, you should just assume that whatever non-conference cupcake we schedule years in advance, their program will become a juggernaut when it's finally time to play. UNLV sux right now, but when 2021 rolls around their new stadium will have helped launch their program into Group of Five superpower status.

Cydkar

Apr 12, 2006
How 'bout just be glad that they will provide a challenge and not "whine" about it? :)

• Optimistic
Reactions: CYCLNST8

Cydkar

Apr 12, 2006
No, we need easy non-conference foes that we can blow out.
I prefer a challenge. I know the trend is creampuffs but I'm not going to complain about playing good teams...ever. It's an FCS team. If we lose we aren't good enough.

BWRhasnoAC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2013
Dez Moy Nez
Iowa is play action team, with a pro style formation. Rely on the run for bread and butter, then gash them vertically. They are similar just not in over all philosophy.

• Agree
Reactions: jdcyclone19

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
I prefer a challenge. I know the trend is creampuffs but I'm not going to complain about playing good teams...ever. It's an FCS team. If we lose we aren't good enough.

No kidding. In the years ISU's lost to bad teams, it was because ISU was bad and there's really no other argument.

It might be a tricky game but I think ISU will be about as well prepared for a first game as we've seen in a long time.

• Agree
Reactions: Cydkar

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron