Jamie Pollard letter on falls sports

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

Clonefan32

Nov 19, 2008
Like everyone's parents said at some point, "If you're bored, I'll give you something to do."

Note: I am not bored. I use this for family time and I'm getting great exercise. It's really not that difficult to make this a good time.

My parents always told me "only boring people get bored."

ArgentCy

Jan 13, 2010
It's funny to me that this is even a discussion -- that people can't be trusted to keep a freakin' mask on for 4 hours when they're in the stadium. Are people really that emotionally fragile when it comes to masks?

I highly doubt that we have fans this fall, but if we did move forward with the half capacity idea put forth by Pollard, I would expect every seat to be properly spaced with the expectation that masks are kept on until you leave the stadium. People really can't follow those directions? What a bunch of children.

Talk about ironic. Let me rearrange your statement just a little bit. I still think we need a giant experiment and to keep everyone happy. East side wears masks, west side parties. Or perhaps lower deck wears masks and the upper level does beer bongs.

Are people really that emotionally fragile when it comes to masks? That people worry about others keeping a freakin' mask on for 4 hours when they're in the stadium. What a bunch of children

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny
I read that there are 8 million children in California under age 18. So far, that age group has zero (0) deaths from Covid. Amazing.

Im sure that's quite the consolation for them when they catch the virus and bring it home to their parents and it kills them.

Either way though, anyone still talking about this in terms of just deaths is showing themselves to be massively misinformed given what we know about this virus causing long-term health concerns and how it affects other systems of the body including the brain.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
I seriously don’t understand boredom in this country in this day and age. People always like to claim there are things they will do and learn but act like they are too busy. Over this quarantine people have more free time than ever and ***** because they are bored. Let’s face it, if something takes more effort than sitting on their ass and messing with a phone, a lot of people aren’t going to do it.

Hell getting in shape is the most important thing a person can do to save their life, yet most people are gaining weight over the past four months. If staying alive doesn’t motivate people how can we expect people to wear a mask to save somebody else?

To top it off it’s almost election season and we have to hear the patronizing BS about hard-working Americans.

Also it seems like there's a lot of anxiety from people not being able to see other people, go out to eat often, etc....how would this had been different in an age where you might not see people all that often or it was more common to simply cook your own food?

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
Also it seems like there's a lot of anxiety from people not being able to see other people, go out to eat often, etc....how would this had been different in an age where you might not see people all that often or it was more common to simply cook your own food?
Well we're just accustomed to doing things like that. No different than kids throwing fits nowadays when their ipads or video games get taken away from them. Back when I was a kid my parents had to tell me I couldn't play outside when I was grounded and I was forced to play video games lol.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
Talk about ironic. Let me rearrange your statement just a little bit. I still think we need a giant experiment and to keep everyone happy. East side wears masks, west side parties. Or perhaps lower deck wears masks and the upper level does beer bongs.

Are people really that emotionally fragile when it comes to masks? That people worry about others keeping a freakin' mask on for 4 hours when they're in the stadium. What a bunch of children

Yes the response by people to the notion of wearing a mask to protect others has been very mature.

AuH2O

Sep 7, 2013
Well we're just accustomed to doing things like that. No different than kids throwing fits nowadays when their ipads or video games get taken away from them. Back when I was a kid my parents had to tell me I couldn't play outside when I was grounded and I was forced to play video games lol.

I fully expect my kids to deal with things like that, and they do so. Yet we have grown adults thinking they are being tortured if they can’t eat at a restaurant, go to a bar or have to wear a ******* mask.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
I fully expect my kids to deal with things like that, and they do so. Yet we have grown adults thinking they are being tortured if they can’t eat at a restaurant, go to a bar or have to wear a ******* mask.
I agree. I feel far worse for the person who either owns the restaurant and could potentially lose their business, or the people that were employed by that restaurant who no longer receive a paycheck.

My wife and I started to make a lot of fun dinners together, some that we've never tried before. It's also nice being able to get drunk together in the comfort of your own home without having to worry about catching an uber/lift. The "but muh freedoms" people are the WORST right now.

AuH2O

Sep 7, 2013
I agree. I feel far worse for the person who either owns the restaurant and could potentially lose their business, or the people that were employed by that restaurant who no longer receive a paycheck.

My wife and I started to make a lot of fun dinners together, some that we've never tried before. It's also nice being able to get drunk together in the comfort of your own home without having to worry about catching an uber/lift. The "but muh freedoms" people are the WORST right now.

Getting drunk at home is the best. Being two minutes from having your teeth brushed, laying in your own bed at any given time? That’s priceless.

Reactions: Macloney

Cyched

CF Influencer
May 8, 2009
Denver, CO
Getting drunk at home is the best. Being two minutes from having your teeth brushed, laying in your own bed at any given time? That’s priceless.

tenor.gif

Macloney

Feb 28, 2014
Up Nort
Bingo! "If" there isn't school or sports this year, you are going to see a lot of colleges/towns struggle. I'm not sure where we can strike the balance of living with the virus/staying healthy.
My guess- I think we have fall sports, but we find out it's struggle to keep people healthy and there won't be any winter sports.

In Lawrence the amount of restaurants and retail that have already closed is staggering.

If there is no in person class this Fall our downtown will become a ghost town.

It is depressing around here. (more than the usual being surrounded by ku fans depressing)

• Dumb
Reactions: 3rdCoastClone

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
Do the mask hating peeps out there actually have REALLY bad breath and they don't want to smell it?

#halitosis