Jalen Hurts to transfer

jbindm

Dec 2, 2010
Des Moines
Maybe he should consider entering the draft this year. It's a pretty weak crop of QBs after Haskins and Murray (if he declares). He could maybe be third or fourth QB taken if he throws well and impresses in team interviews. The 2020 QB class is stacked - Herbert, Tua and Fromm will headline it with plenty of good prospects after them.

brett108

May 1, 2010
Tulsa, OK
Maybe he should consider entering the draft this year. It's a pretty weak crop of QBs after Haskins and Murray (if he declares). He could maybe be third or fourth QB taken if he throws well and impresses in team interviews. The 2020 QB class is stacked - Herbert, Tua and Fromm will headline it with plenty of good prospects after them.
There are tons of prospects that would go in front of Hurts. We played two in Gardner Minshew and Will Grier. Hurts will need to transfer and prove himself as a QB to have a chance. If he is willing to position switch that is another matter.

jbindm

Dec 2, 2010
Des Moines
There are tons of prospects that would go in front of Hurts. We played two in Gardner Minshew and Will Grier. Hurts will need to transfer and prove himself as a QB to have a chance. If he is willing to position switch that is another matter.

I don't know; I think he's proven himself already. He played very well before he lost the job to a guy who'll be in the mix for the first overall pick next year. I haven't seen much from any of that next tier after Haskins and Murray that makes me think they'd be any better than Hurts.

Another year in college won't hurt him any. I just think that his chances of getting drafted are better this year than next unless he has one hell of a senior season somewhere else.

Dandy

Future CF Mod
Oct 11, 2012
Western Iowa
Oklahoma has said previously that they wont be going after a transfer QB. Probably trying to appeal to the guys they have already. I'd be surprised if they changed their tune.
Yep. They're bringing in the #1 ranked 2019 QB recruit. The 2018 #1 QB just won the national championship so I could see OU thinking they have that some type of player too.

• Agree
Reactions: cyhiphopp

I-stateTheTruth

Nov 13, 2016
Jan 8, 2019
For his shake he should play in Big 12. Playing in a high powered offense and mostly crap defenses is the last chance for him to make a good impression on pro scouts.

Reactions: Knownothing

Knownothing

Nov 22, 2006
Is it strange that Miami is so far down the list nowadays. I grew up in the 80’s and 90’s and they were the cream of the crop. Getting rid of the orange bowl stadium killed that program.

• Agree
Reactions: CYCLNST8

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
I hope he stays out of the big 12 but there are a couple nice landing spots where he could play right away. I don't know much about FSU, just always kind of lump them and Clemson in with the SEC teams. I figure he'll want to go to a contender but Kelly Bryant ended up at Mizzou, so who knows.

Still crazy to me that both Kelly Bryant and Robinson from TCU both transferred to Mizzou. How's that going to work out?

So TCU does have an opening at QB for Hurts, but it sounds like maybe he's headed to Miami.

Reactions: heitclone

FinalFourCy

Mar 5, 2017
Still crazy to me that both Kelly Bryant and Robinson from TCU both transferred to Mizzou. How's that going to work out?

So TCU does have an opening at QB for Hurts, but it sounds like maybe he's headed to Miami.
One is a post-grad with 1 season of immediate eligibility, the other a normal transfer that will redshirt and then have two seasons