Jalen Coleman-Lands is has entered the transfer portal

Acylum

Nov 18, 2006
Prohm had NBA talent when he took over, TJ has none of that and taking over a tanked program cause of Prohm. Give TJ more than this years roster good grief. It’s gonna take time, but I’m optimistic to at least go .500 next year, anything more would be the icing on the **** cake TJ was handed.
You’re guaranteeing Foster and Hunter aren’t NBA talent?

Cyched

CF Influencer
May 8, 2009
Denver, CO
d9f04264-dc74-4d99-a120-243318c7cd14_text.gif

tyler24

Jun 19, 2006
Yeah without his own players. TJ is getting his own players this season. no transfer sit out rules.
First year coaches have a hell of a lot more to install than just bring in players. I feel you don't understand this. There is a mindset that has to be installed, offensive and defensive philosophies, building trust, understanding expectations, ect. This isn't just plug in a piece and go. If it was, then you would see Penny have more success at Memphis and other coaches like him.

You are placing too much emphasis on one thing and missing the rest of the picture. Remember this next winter when you are miserable about us not being as good as you think we could be while others are sitting back and watching us grow.

brett108

May 1, 2010
Tulsa, OK
Hopefully this statement from CW isn't just talking about getting Gabe Kalscheur this morning.

Sure, he looks decent, but we need a lot more good news than just that. Losing JCL and adding Gabe doesn't do anything for me. And losing Bolton still needs to be addressed as well.

And I don't count keeping Hunter as a feather in TJ's cap either. If Prohm had stayed we would have had Hunter.... so keeping him is not "adding" anything to the team that we wouldn't have already had with Prohm.
This wasn’t a break even. Kalscheur is light years better than JCL. Get outta here

isucy86

Apr 13, 2006
Dubuque
Hey.... when all is said and done... I'll be comparing our roster next season to the roster we would have had if Prohm was still here.

Which wouldn't be an exact science of course because you don't know who would have still left, but I'm going to assume we would have still had Bolton, Hinson, and JCL.... and would have added Hunter too.

Now don't get me wrong.... I was all for Prohm having to go.... he's a terrible head coach..... but I was told TJ was a master recruiter, so I'm expecting a really solid roster this season...... much better than what we would have had under Prohm.

You seem awful bitter for some reason.

First, TJ's measure as a "master recruiter" wouldn't be measured by who he signs this spring. It will be measured who he signs in the Fall 2021 & Fall 2022 recruiting classes. Measuring a coaches ability to recruit and creating roster stability is still about signing & retaining HS players.

If you were expecting a really solid roster next season, you are obviously naive or new to sport. When a team goes 0-21 against P5 competition- a total roster rebuild is necessary. And that roster rebuild will take a couple years.

IMO the critical pieces for ISU's long-term success are still on the roster: Hunter, Foster, Hinson & Walker. I am optimistic that a different offensive system and better coaching will make Conditt, Jackson & Johnson better all around players. The 3 transfer this spring all appear to be guys that will increase competition in practice and improve our top 7-8 rotation.

In the end, the measure of TJ's success will be W/L's. I will be happy if we finish 7th or 8th in the Big 12 standings for the 2021/22 season.

Last edited:

scyclonekid

Feb 13, 2008
You’re guaranteeing Foster and Hunter aren’t NBA talent?
Nope not at all, Prohm had a loaded roster when he took over. As of right now we don’t have that. Hunter is not even on campus yet and Foster unfortunately had a season ending injury. Foster does have potential and if Hunter stays committed hopefully he has next level talent.

Acylum

Nov 18, 2006
Nope not at all, Prohm had a loaded roster when he took over. As of right now we don’t have that. Hunter is not even on campus yet and Foster unfortunately had a season ending injury. Foster does have potential and if Hunter stays committed hopefully he has next level talent.
Yeah I forgot all the guys Prohm inherited had already played in the NBA.

isucy86

Apr 13, 2006
Dubuque
Wut?

Yes, I would be ticked if we don't get Hunter.... that's my entire point.

If getting TJ means we lose Hunter, then TJ is starting off in a huge hole already.

ISU losing Hunter would be a big loss for the 2021/22 season, but it doesn't reflect negatively on TJ.

Hunter signed with a different coach and the vision/promises that Steve Prohm made. The transfer portal is full of kids who are transferring because of a coaching change. Same goes for incoming freshman signees who decommitted after a coaching change.

Did Texas keep all the freshman signees that Shaka Smart signed? No, Beard has only been able to keep 2 of 4 HS recruits. So is Beard a bad coach? Does Bates & Joplin transferring reflect negatively on Beard. Hell No. And the same goes if Hunter chooses a different school.

Your expectations are upside down for some reason.

baagoe

Mar 27, 2015
Disagree. If we are not at least a serious bubble team that will be a major disappointment. This is an unprecedented free agency market with immediate eligibility for Transfers and assuming TJ doesn’t screw up Prohm’s recruit in Tyrese Hunter it is very doable to make the tourney. Basically just need to finish top 7 in the big 12. Recruiting is TJ’s bread and butter, so I have high expectations for the coming season.
LMAO my god some of you guys are so delusional

mynameisjonas

Jan 19, 2019
LMAO my god some of you guys are so delusional
Maybe you should stop being so negative about the upcoming season. Got a nice piece today from Minnesota. Keep Hunter. Add a few more transfers and it’s not out of the question to finish top 7 in the big 12.

CoKane

Oct 26, 2013
Cedar Rapids
The only way I think we're a bubble team is if our last 3(2? I forget now) spots all go to our top 3 transfer wants, Hinson plays and is insane, one of Foster and Conditt improves a lot, and Hunter stays. We just need too much right now. Next year is more of a reasonable ask because of the amount of unknown out there still

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
Maybe you should stop being so negative about the upcoming season. Got a nice piece today from Minnesota. Keep Hunter. Add a few more transfers and it’s not out of the question to finish top 7 in the big 12.
I think if we add another big piece (or somehow get two), top 7 could certainly be reachable. .500 could and should be attainable.

I’m still holding off expectations until we actually play a game. I was so damn wrong last year in my prediction I’m not going to do that to myself again lolz

• Haha
Reactions: Expert