Jakolby Long to transfer

clonefreek

Jun 24, 2009
ames
We don't need any power forwards.

I would be SHOCKED if we didn't go hard after Harris and if we can't get him either a juco or traditional transfer guard that can shoot.

WE do need one, conditt doesnt have the body to play right away so were going to need someone because lard and young still get in foul trouble. We dont need another guard.

Sigmapolis

Minister of Economy
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 10, 2011
Waukee
Told yall. I’d tell you who’s next but Mods will just delete.

PM one or two of the posters in this thread who is next.

Might I nominate the OP (@ZB4CY), @Bret44, and @isufbcurt for the honor.

They keep silent with the information.

If and when it happens, they can let us know if you were right.

If not, well, I guess we know something else, too.

I think this is a fair way to test without violating the (correct) policy against speculating on transfers for existing players in the public forum as opposed to private threads.

Prove you are a good source without being vague about it. :)

Tre4ISU

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 30, 2008
Estherville
WE do need one, conditt doesnt have the body to play right away so were going to need someone because lard and young still get in foul trouble. We dont need another guard.

No we don't. We have three very capable ones with Griffin being more of a stretch in that role and Conditt available. We need guards so much more than posts right now. If Jacobsen, Lard and Young can't split that 80 minutes between the three of them, we're boned anyway. We aren't improving on those guys.

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
My source gave me bad info on that. I was wrong. I’ll own it.

However i did break the news on Park and said weeks ago Long was leaving (not really a shocker) and posted Friday night what I’ve heard about other MBB player before thread was deleted.

Dude, all you do is deep Hawk troll with what is negative. It's who and what you are. You have nothing to add to anything. Totes full of crap you are.

LLCoolCY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 28, 2010
Minneapolis
Thanks for coming to Ames Jackobly. Best wishes on your next school and Cyclones fans will be rooting for you.

I'll always be curious if his shoulder injury set his development back and with the roster he was going to fight for minutes next year. Give JL a RS year to refine his skills and an opportunity for minutes and he has a good chance to succeed.

bozclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 18, 2011
Indiana
Feel bad for Long. I was excited when he signed. I think the effort was always there, he just never was able to prove he could be a significant player at ISU.

Reactions: Deleted member 8507

WhatchaGonnaDo

Jun 28, 2011
Not gonna feed the troll and continue to derail the thread

Glad JL was here as he gave us depth we needed badly this year, especially on the practice squad. Things would have been significantly worse this year without him. A few unfortunate breaks with injuries and he just fell behind.

I wish him the best and will gladly follow his future endeavors.

• Winner
Reactions: coolerifyoudid

Cyclonepride

Thought Police
Staff member
Apr 11, 2006
A pineapple under the sea
www.oldschoolradical.com
My source gave me bad info on that. I was wrong. I’ll own it.

However i did break the news on Park and said weeks ago Long was leaving (not really a shocker) and posted Friday night what I’ve heard about other MBB player before thread was deleted.

Most of what I've seen from you looks a bit like reading of the tea leaves and trying to pass it off as inside info. Who knows, maybe your "source" does that, or maybe you do have somewhat of a source?

At any rate, I think it's in the best interest of everyone that any news or rumors come through known people like CW, Jared and others who have put to put their names on it.