Jake Anderson to be eligible in 2010

sdillon500

Sep 12, 2006
northern california
Alright, 2 for 3 so far. Now let's get Royce White eligible.

C'mon NCAA, daddy needs a good basketball team this year.

rolling_dice5.jpg

Reactions: Wesley

Kyle

Mar 30, 2006
Non-surprising news of the day :smile:

I honestly didn't even know this was a question. Had to be a formality.
I didn't either. It seems like a given that a kid who graduated with no disciplinary issues would be able to transfer without issue.

Royce White on the other hand... I would be absolutely shocked if he was cleared to play this year. Objectively speaking, a kid who gets kicked off a college team for disciplinary reasons should not be able to just transfer and play the next year.

Cysrevenge

Aug 13, 2010
if we could get royce in there too this year, things could be looking REAL nice for this upcoming year!

ajk4st8

Mar 27, 2006
Ankeny
I didn't either. It seems like a given that a kid who graduated with no disciplinary issues would be able to transfer without issue.

Royce White on the other hand... I would be absolutely shocked if he was cleared to play this year. Objectively speaking, a kid who gets kicked off a college team for disciplinary reasons should not be able to just transfer and play the next year.

The NCAA does allow you to get suspended, then kicked off your team, transfer to a new school, and start playing without sitting out..... as long as you move closer to a sick grandmother.

Just ask Baylor.

isufan

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 23, 2009
SW Iowa
It's a good thing he's eligible or we would be shorthanded in the backcourt.

CyinCo

Mar 24, 2006
Clive, IA
Oh, I was unaware you worked for the NCAA.:rolleyes:

Ha. I don't. If I did, Royce would be playing this season.

Seriously, though. About 2 or 3 years ago the graduated senior rule was put in place. An athlete is allowed to transfer without penalty once graduated to attend a grad school of the athlete's choice. This was an Educational move by the NCAA.

I don't know why his eligibility was ever questioned. This is the letter of the rule.

Cydkar

Apr 12, 2006
Ha. I don't. If I did, Royce would be playing this season.

Seriously, though. About 2 or 3 years ago the graduated senior rule was put in place. An athlete is allowed to transfer without penalty once graduated to attend a grad school of the athlete's choice. This was an Educational move by the NCAA.

I don't know why his eligibility was ever questioned. This is the letter of the rule.

I presume it was a formality that made some people a little nervous because it was the NCAA. They really couldn't deny him unless there was some information that we weren't aware of.

brett108

May 1, 2010
Tulsa, OK

Jeremiah Masoli is doing it as we speak. Which means he will of course be denied in order for the NCAA to keep breaking rpecedence with these cases.