Jack Trice gravesite

DrClone

Jun 13, 2009
Never been there but it's a great idea - going to have to try to go there sometime.

CysRage

Oct 18, 2009
I didn't know his legal name was "John". Very interesting

MeanDean

SuperFanatic
Jan 5, 2009
Blue Grass IA-Jensen Beach FL
I just visited the Hiram, OH wiki page. It lists Jack Trice as a former resident with a short write up of his story. It does seem to be incorrect in that it says the game he died in was played at Iowa State. I thought the game was at Minnesota and he died on the train trip back to Ames.

• Agree
Reactions: CYCLNST8

Palmer

Jun 10, 2008
Johnston, IA
I just visited the Hiram, OH wiki page. It lists Jack Trice as a former resident with a short write up of his story. It does seem to be incorrect in that it says the game he died in was played at Iowa State. I thought the game was at Minnesota and he died on the train trip back to Ames.

I always believed he died at the hospital....not sure.

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN

It was in Minnesota and he rode the train back to Ames and died in Ames overnight or the next day if I remember correctly.

Reactions: singsing

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
Couple of years ago the wife and I were driving thru Ohio and stopped there and left some cardinal/gold at the gravesite.

It didn't look like there was much help on the link in finding the grave in the cemetary. Was it hard to find? I'm not sure I could convince Mrs. Velo to stop if I couldn't assure her that I knew exactly where it was.

Palmer

Jun 10, 2008
Johnston, IA
It didn't look like there was much help on the link in finding the grave in the cemetary. Was it hard to find? I'm not sure I could convince Mrs. Velo to stop if I couldn't assure her that I knew exactly where it was.

Not hard at all....

Greenwood Cemetery.

Lot 13, Blk 2

right off the main road in Hiram.

• Winner
Reactions: aauummm

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
Didn't one of his descendants visit the campus in recent years? I remember something about that...
I thought he had a descendant that went to school at ISU in the early 2000's. Wasn't his name George Trice?

• Agree
Reactions: aauummm

ackatch

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 22, 2021
Waukee
If any of you decide to venture to Hiram, here's a rough location of where Jacks headstone is. I was there a few weeks ago and spent about 25 minutes wandering around trying to find it. Figured this could help anyone.

Attachments

• Jack Trice Location.png
    Jack Trice Location.png
    658.6 KB · Views: 50

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron