Jack Trice as Most Intimidating Stadium

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
Great story by Jared about Jack Trice Stadium for the West Virginia game. It is fun to see us fulfilling Coach Campbell's desire for it to be the "most hostile stadium."

https://cyclonefanatic.com/2018/10/...om-annual-annoyance-to-terrifying-atmosphere/

Now, let's take it to the next level with some serious foot-stomping on the metal flooring in the Sukup South End Zone and lower level corner sections, especially when an opponent is on offense on the south end. Ben Bruns has talked about how foot-stomping on the metal was part of the design for the new south end zone.

It needs to be you guys in Sections 17, 18, 19, 23, 24, 25 (lower level corners) leading the way (as it is probably unrealistic to think that it will start with the Sukup Club folks).

I look forward to the day when a visiting team throws its hands in the air when it has to choose its end for OT because both the south endzone and the student sections are so intimidating.

Reactions: BWRhasnoAC

cyclonedave25

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 10, 2007
Chicago, IL
I would love to see a section use paddles like they do down at Oklahoma State. When they hammer those things on the sides of the walls, it's very loud and intimidating. K-State does the same thing.
Jeff Woody mentioned in a podcast that those paddles can’t even be heard on the field. Basically said it was a waste of effort and better off just yelling.

CycloneSarah

Aug 9, 2016
We have mobile tickets and got the lower bowl section right next to the SEZ club for West Virginia. Stomping on the bleachers was the best thing ever! It's definitely a tempting reason to pay more to get tickets in the lower bowl in the future.

• Winner
Reactions: Cycsk

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
I would love to see a section use paddles like they do down at Oklahoma State. When they hammer those things on the sides of the walls, it's very loud and intimidating. K-State does the same thing.

We bang like crazy on the top of the ribbon board!

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
We have mobile tickets and got the lower bowl section right next to the SEZ club for West Virginia. Stomping on the bleachers was the best thing ever! It's definitely a tempting reason to pay more to get tickets in the lower bowl in the future.

May your tribe increase!

• Funny
Reactions: CentexCyclone

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
I think once we get into a situation where we really need it, the stomping will happen, and then become part of the Jack Trice culture. But it didn't happen during OT against EIU last year, so I think it needs more intentionality.

It would be fantastic if they put something on the Jumbotron. Just the words "STOMP YOUR FEET." Or a video from Bailey stomping his feet.

• Agree
Reactions: ILikeCy

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
Not sure that is the greatest idea....

We've been doing it since the south end zone was built. And lots of others do it too. So far, not even any dents.

LarryISU

Feb 10, 2013
Omaha
I thought noisemakers were banned by the big12 for some reason

The paddles are not banned, but they are required to stop the paddling before the ball is snapped. That has just been instituted in the last year or two. They used to beat those things the entire time that the visitors had the ball. That has been precluded now.

As someone mentioned, Woody said you don't even hear those things on the field. I think it makes your fan base look desperate and imbecilic.

norcalcy

Oct 20, 2010
The south end zone fans need to be in their seats. Usually empty for a big chunk of the 3rd quarter.

Slightly off topic, but I felt like the crowd did a pretty good job of getting back to their seats for the start of Q3 against WVU. The stadium felt full all night long. My bet is that consistently good football becomes "must see" and that people find their way to their seats in all areas of the stadium when there's action on the field. The whole re-entry thing will take care of itself. As for SEZ, can't blame folks for warming up behind the glass now and then.

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
Because damage to electronics is visible on the outside.

You join the crusade to get people stomping in the lower level and I'll start a new crusade to get us to stop beating on the ribbon board in the upper level.
campbellPirate.png

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron