It's time to start Morris

erikbj

Aug 31, 2006
hiawatha, ia
I don't care who starts, just as long as they come out with some energy and don't fall behind by 10 before the first TV timeout.

Feb 6, 2013
Slow starts has been a common theme all season long. At this point, I don't think it's as simple as switching out one starter for another.

BTW, MM is on record saying he likes coming off the bench, but I'm sure he would rise to the occasion if he did get the start.

clone96cr

Apr 11, 2006
Cedar Rapids
I have always thought total minutes were more important than who is and isn't starting, and Monte is playing huge minutes off the bench now. But after the last few games I think Monte starting is our best defense against sluggish starts.

Psiclone

Apr 11, 2006
"It doesn't matter whether if you start, it matters that you're there in the end." - Fred Hoiberg

Except when you are consistently in a hole at the beginning of both halves. That appears to be our biggest obstacle right now to getting to the next level. I also think Morris starts vs. OK.

Gunnerclone

Jul 16, 2010
DSM
I know as a player when I wasn't starting and felt like I was the better option to start I was pizzed. Don't be fooled by Monte being humble, he has a problem with it like any good player would. Unless you've been a bench guy your entire life you know what I'm talking about.

Tri4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 4, 2012
Des Moines
Slow starts has been a common theme all season long. At this point, I don't think it's as simple as switching out one starter for another.

BTW, MM is on record saying he likes coming off the bench, but I'm sure he would rise to the occasion if he did get the start.

I think that is MM version of "coach speak." He's not going to come out and say "Yeah, I should be starting."

chuckd4735

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2006
Indianola
Also, Monte is going to be starting for the next three years. Might as well get him used to it now, especially when it won't hurt the team doing so.

Wesley

Apr 12, 2006
Omaha
I have always thought total minutes were more important than who is and isn't starting, and Monte is playing huge minutes off the bench now. But after the last few games I think Monte starting is our best defense against sluggish starts.
I did too until I watched 20 or so slow starts coming out of the locker room. We never seen ahead by more than ten in games.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron