It's Time to name the Court

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

CYdTracked

Mar 23, 2006
Grimes, IA
They will have to do something for Bill eventually. Our women's BB program was basically non-existent when he took the job and was lucky to get 50 people to come to a game and now it's one of more respected programs in the country and it will be an attractive job when Bill retires which is a huge difference than when he took it. I'm not sure what they do for him but when you consider that Orr has a statue, a banner, and bar named after him in Hilton something permanent and in plain sight needs to be added to Hilton for Bill. I'm not sure what that is, before they made Johnny's I thought they should have named the floor after him and they went a different direction so I'm not exactly sure how you honor the greatest coach in the program's history. At the very least he is going to have a banner hanging from the rafters for sure but I don't think that is going to be enough.

• Agree
Reactions: NWICY and ISC

NenoFone

Feb 12, 2013
WDM
I'm not a fan of naming courts in honor of people, can't really put into words. I do, however, like statues. Now, where do we erect it?

Reactions: aauummm

IASTATE4LIFE

Apr 22, 2010
I'm not a fan of naming courts in honor of people, can't really put into words. I do, however, like statues. Now, where do we erect it?
I think statues on the corners of the new retail center in-between the stadiums would be cool. like the walk of fame, with statues, and stars on the ground for hall of fame athletes.

Reactions: CapnCy

Cyched

CF Influencer
May 8, 2009
Denver, CO
No- court naming is problematic as many schools have learned. I do think a banner in Hilton one day and possibly re-naming Center Street in front of Hilton is something cool and is also forever.

We should keep names off of the floor.

I’ve thought about this before. Center is such a generic name that I don’t see why it would be a problem

isu81

Mar 6, 2013
I think statues on the corners of the new retail center in-between the stadiums would be cool. like the walk of fame, with statues, and stars on the ground for hall of fame athletes.
I thought this had been reserved for Jamie to put up a statue of himself.

• Winner
Reactions: cycloneML

ForbinsAscynt

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 8, 2014
I like the idea of renaming the street. There will be no shortage of things to name, from concourses to pedestrians bridges but sadly most, court included, will likely go to the highest bidder.