"It's good for the state!"

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
Let's be honest, ISU fans are never going to think this is a good thing. Hok fans would feel the same way if the situation was reversed.
This. But if roles reversed, hawk fans would find a way to somehow take credit for us winning and we should thank them.

CascadeClone

Oct 24, 2009
What would be good for my state is if the entire UI AD just got disbanded for 10 years. Then theyd be garbage for 20 years after that, trying to dig out of the hole. And by the time that happens i will be dead and wont care.

CascadeClone

Oct 24, 2009
This. But if roles reversed, hawk fans would find a way to somehow take credit for us winning and we should thank them.
Anybody could have thrown those passes, it was all Kittle. Purdy just got lucky. Literally was told this twice.

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
It's only good for the state in that maybe Barta can use some of this money to pay off all his lawsuits, including the racist football program, so that us tax payers don't have to pay for it.

Reactions: cytor

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
Anybody could have thrown those passes, it was all Kittle. Purdy just got lucky. Literally was told this twice.
Was told a version of this as well. I was then informed that Kittle saved him in the locker room and no one still respects him. Once he’s done with 9ers, he’s done. Give him 2 years and he’ll be in the xfl.

Reactions: CascadeClone

BoomerClone

Oct 27, 2010
North Carolina
I live in North Carolina and listen to college sports on XM radio on my 45 minute drive to and from work. I feel like everyday they are talking about Clark and the Hawks. So, yeah, it is not just contained to the state of Iowa. Of course I also feel like this year they are jamming women’s basketball down our throats on that channel. No disrespect but it just isn’t my thing. Also, I hope they lose by 40 in the championship game.

Reactions: NWICY and Rick

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
It's only good for the state in that maybe Barta can use some of this money to pay off all his lawsuits, including the racist football program, so that us tax payers don't have to pay for it.
You’re giving him too much credit. He’ll find a way to piss it away. Likely on another extension for Fran or something similar.

Cupped

Feb 11, 2016
Was Iowa's best team ever's record setting performance in the 2016 Rose Bowl good for the state of Iowa?

2016 Rose Bowl​

Stanford shut Iowa out in the first half 35–0, with Stanford's 35 points the most scored in the first half of a Rose Bowl in its entire 102-year history. Stanford's 21-0 first-quarter lead was also the most first-quarter points scored by one team in Rose Bowl history. McCaffrey gained a total of 368 all-purpose yards, setting another Rose Bowl record.

CloniesForLife

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 22, 2015
It's good for the University of Iowa. Does nothing for the state. Clark is really good and fun to watch but no way will I be cheering for the Hawks. They're a direct threat a lot of times in recruiting so we do not want them to raise their profile.

Prone2Clone

Oct 20, 2006
This. I'd say a large majority of my FB friends are Iowa residents or natives, and I've had people commenting or sharing about Iowa WBB that I know for a fact didn't give a flying f about Iowa WBB or the sport in general, men's or women's, had you asked them a month ago. I get that this is how viral sensations get their wings, but as someone else said, it is very nauseating.

My sister in law is a prime example. Life long hawk fan. For Christmas this past year, I got her a Caitlin Clark coffee mug. When she opened it, her expression looked bewildered and she admitted she had no idea who Caitlin Clark was, nor did she watch or follow the women's program. But of course she is sharing her praises on social media right now...

And no, no way in hell are hawk fans or even neutral fans this excited if this were happening with Iowa State right now and the shoe was on the other foot.
This X 1,000,000,000

cytor

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 20, 2011
Was Iowa's best team ever's record setting performance in the 2016 Rose Bowl good for the state of Iowa?

2016 Rose Bowl​

Stanford shut Iowa out in the first half 35–0, with Stanford's 35 points the most scored in the first half of a Rose Bowl in its entire 102-year history. Stanford's 21-0 first-quarter lead was also the most first-quarter points scored by one team in Rose Bowl history. McCaffrey gained a total of 368 all-purpose yards, setting another Rose Bowl record.
That was Great for the state of Iowa... and the hok fans.

cydsho

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2006
Omaha, NE
If it was so good for the state, why did God send all those tornadoes to the state yesterday?
:jimlad:

• Haha
Reactions: NWICY

FallOf81

Oct 24, 2017
The Fawks will figure out a way to leverage (take credit for) this as the start of women's sport equality ... worldwide. Some new branding coming out soon.

DrClone

Jun 13, 2009
People aren't talking about it as much as some want to believe.
Not sure If you mean people out of state. In iowa they definitely are. People that don't even watch women's basketball are talking about it.