"It's gonna be cold, it's gonna be gray..." (4/18 Weather Thread)

Acylum

Nov 18, 2006
Crappiest April I can remember. I think I heard correctly we've already set a record for most days 30 degrees below the normal high temperature for a month.

harimad

Jul 28, 2016
Illinois
"... and it's going to last you for the rest of your life."

I prefer a different quote from that movie though! And I like to think that he could have been talking about the campus of Iowa State University, but Punxsutawney is nice too, I suppose.

"When Chekhov saw the long winter, he saw a winter bleak and dark and bereft of hope. Yet we know that winter is just another step in the cycle of life. But standing here among the people of Punxsutawney and basking in the warmth of their hearths and hearts, I couldn't imagine a better fate than a long and lustrous winter."

Bret44

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 8, 2009
Cedar River Valley
"... and it's going to last you for the rest of your life."

I prefer a different quote from that movie though! And I like to think that he could have been talking about the campus of Iowa State University, but Punxsutawney is nice too, I suppose.

"When Chekhov saw the long winter, he saw a winter bleak and dark and bereft of hope. Yet we know that winter is just another step in the cycle of life. But standing here among the people of Punxsutawney and basking in the warmth of their hearths and hearts, I couldn't imagine a better fate than a long and lustrous winter."

giphy.gif

Clonefan94

Oct 18, 2006
Schaumburg, IL
It will end eventually, so remember these days and enjoy the warmth of summer when it comes. Too often people complain about their immediate surroundings. These are the times you remember when you think of complaining about it being too hot. It’s what makes the warm weather in the Midwest so awesome, knowing it doesn’t last forever.

Al_4_State

Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
Driftless Region
Visit site
I have a date in my head that I will be happy if I have any seed in the ground by. That date continually gets moved back. I can live with a late April, what I can't live with is a disastrous May like 2013.

There's absolutely no way we're going to be in the field in April up here. If May is dry, we'll get everything in fine, but there ain't much margin for wet weather once it warms up.

• Agree
Reactions: jdolson and ca4cy

ca4cy

Dec 6, 2009
North Central IA
It will end eventually, so remember these days and enjoy the warmth of summer when it comes. Too often people complain about their immediate surroundings. These are the times you remember when you think of complaining about it being too hot. It’s what makes the warm weather in the Midwest so awesome, knowing it doesn’t last forever.

This is why I don't ***** when it's hot. You can't have it both ways and I'm way passed sick of this crap.

BillBrasky4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 10, 2013

Yeah, I can't get on board with this. I prefer a few days in the 60's and 70's before we go directly into swamp a$$ season...

isufbcurt

Apr 21, 2006
Newton
This is the latest I've ever started my racing season and it sucks. Supposed to race Thursday, Friday and Saturday this week. Friday and Saturday look hopeful but with this snow Thursday is in doubt.