"IT SUCKED": ISU suffers historic setback to Florida A&M at Hilton Coliseum

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

bosco

Dec 21, 2008
Des Moines
Outside of the disaster of a coaching job, I’m also frustrated by the lack of frustration/desperation from players on the court. In both tonight and Iowa game no one, and I mean no one showed any sign of being pissed off. I’d even take a technical from a hard foul in the paint just to see that someone cares.

Obviously players care a lot more than fans but I can’t find evidence. That leads me to believe Prohm May be losing them.
Is not losing the team. They don't know what to do. Players or coaches. If you read Hines's article the coaches asked the players what needs to be done to improve and there was silence.

• Creative
Reactions: isufbcurt

SpokaneCY

Apr 11, 2006
Spokane, WA
This year will suck, but a Top 15 recruiting class means next year should be a good one. Let's look for improvement as the season goes on and stop overreacting to every loss no matter how shocking they may be.

No way is next year anything more than another development year with all the youth as well as Zion and TL who don't seem to be getting it yet.

I support CSP and am BEGGING to see some life this year. This team needs a huge dose of pigbuttnasty...

jcymnsd

Feb 5, 2015
I haven't even watched the game tonight yet, but here is what I can guess happens when I watch it tomorrow based on the box score:

1. Everyone stood around while Bolton drove to the basket (wish they would have initiated that offense earlier with Hali outside)
2. Does anyone know x's and O's on this staff? (Maybe I'm hyticritical on my a last statement? Ok.. probably not..)
3. There zero ******* excuses why we are still playing a 4 out 1 in with jacobson out and zero movement
4. Conditt is playing great and is still not starting!??!?!!?!!
5. Oh it was new years Eve and we didn't show up and everything will fix itself tomorrow even though we haven't learned how to play defense for 5 years, can't learn a motion offense or can't make adjustments and just let seniors play because they are seniors..
6. Happy new year's!

BWRhasnoAC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2013
Dez Moy Nez
Is not losing the team. They don't know what to do. Players or coaches. If you read Hines's article the coaches asked the players what needs to be done to improve and there was silence.
Ya i'm not so sure after tonight's post game interviews. Nixon looked pretty detached.

CheapClone1202

Has 3 legs
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 8, 2019
I’m not 100% off of Prohm yet but seriously can Matt Campbell coach basketball? As dumb as it sounds, we know he can at least motivate better. Obviously X’s and O’s Are another story.

Thomasrickj

Feb 26, 2012
Arlington, VA
Like it or not this is Prohm's 2nd rebuilding year. He lost 4/5 of last year's best athletes (THT, Babb, LW and Lard) and replaced them with one athlete (Bolton). That's on Prohm for having a bad recruiting class, but let's not pretend that this team is loaded with talent. Because it's not. It's performing at about my expectations going into the season.
So your “expectations” are to lose to ******* FAMU? I know this isn’t supposed to be a decent year, but you really expect to lose to FAMU? Get a grip.

imnclone

Oct 22, 2006
Like it or not this is Prohm's 2nd rebuilding year. He lost 4/5 of last year's best athletes (THT, Babb, LW and Lard) and replaced them with one athlete (Bolton). That's on Prohm for having a bad recruiting class, but let's not pretend that this team is loaded with talent. Because it's not. It's performing at about my expectations going into the season.

Roster management is half of the job csp has recruited good players but not good rosters with players that can mesh.

• Agree
Reactions: CloneB

awd4cy

Dec 29, 2010
Central Iowa
This year will suck, but a Top 15 recruiting class means next year should be a good one. Let's look for improvement as the season goes on and stop overreacting to every loss no matter how shocking they may be.
Our recruiting class is only the 6th best in the Big 12, and if Blackwell decommits that probably puts us in last. Where are you getting top 15?

Help Support Us

Become a patron