It could have gotten ugly after the game..

KingRalphie

Nov 10, 2007
I agree. They had us on the ropes. Could have pined us deep with another 3 and out. To take the chance on a stop and momentum switch was crazy. I see in the blogs, they are really starting to turn on him already in boulderland. (Same with the blogs on Prince)

Exactly, we had you on the ropes. So what do you do when you've got someone on the ropes? You go for the knockout. That's what Hawkins did.

That one play did not decide the outcome of the game. Something happened at halftime that made your quarterback suddenly start throwing accurate passes and Cody Hawkins suddenly start throwing horrible passes, that more than anything led to the comeback.

Apart from that, it was only a matter of time before Blythe left some sort of mark on the game, ESPECIALLY with 2 of CU's starting secondary out of the game with injuries.

cyclonewino

Apr 11, 2006
C'mon ralphie, a first down in the middle of field in not a knock out. Ace Bowen in the post game said they are coached to never look at the scoreboard, play every down like it matters. Driving 70 yards is a lot tougher than going 40, look at the ISU-MU game film we had more yards but the extra 20 yards a series was just too much. Hawkins should have known that we would fight back he just made it a little easier.

jmb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 12, 2006
We can all pile on CU players for being mad, put yourself in their place for just a second, you're out there battling for 60 minutes with a warrior mentality, your mindset is not exactly rational at that moment. I can understand some stomping and complaining to the refs right as the game was called over, it's human nature. Now mixing it up with ISU fans is another thing.... At least it didn't turn into what Illinois-THE ohio st. univ. did after the game...
quote]

They are football players, not warriors. Warriors are in Iraq and Afghanistan...these are simply competitive athletes. As a veteran there aren't many things that really irk me, but comparing games like this to warriors is a bit of a stretch. Happy Veterans's Day-and I apologize for the "high horse/soap box" post.

j

Cy-n Maker

Nov 8, 2007
Ankeny
a situation like this only happens maybe once every several years in college football. So for a center/long snapper to know of this loop hole would be pretty rare. But the coaching staff of CU had plenty of time after the delay of game to let the kicking team know that the clock will start with the Ref putting the ball in play and the clock will start, therefore everyone needs to be set and that ball needs to be snapped when that whistle sounds.

CU just blew it

Help Support Us

Become a patron