It’s a good day if you’re a Nebraska fan...

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

Stewo

Oct 29, 2008
Iowa
Maybe looking at the ISU/Iowa game taking place since there's less travel?

Someone else mentioned regional matchups...maybe more back to some of the border rivalries like Neb/CU, Mizzou/KU.
If we don't end up in a high level bowl, please schedule Nebraska. I would love to smash them.

Reactions: nrg4isu and CyBobby

Aclone

Dec 14, 2007
Des Moines, Ia.
Not sure how bowl execs/host cities could justify the money for bowls with so few fans. BUT, if 15,000 fans were allowed it might be a normal crowd for many bowls.

Plus, if Iowa is a “hotspot” maybe we wouldn’t get an invite.
What does the population of a whole state have to do with the reasonably intelligent and responsible fans of Iowa State? It’s like the argument that COVID was so high in Iowa, there should be no fans at Jack Trice. And then fans in attendance proved they could follow procedures.

I don’t understand the reasoning here.

Reactions: NWICY

flycy

Jul 17, 2008
Crescent, IA
Not sure how bowl execs/host cities could justify the money for bowls with so few fans. BUT, if 15,000 fans were allowed it might be a normal crowd for many bowls.

Plus, if Iowa is a “hotspot” maybe we wouldn’t get an invite.

We're talking January. The "hotspot" will have moved on to somewhere else by then.

Cyforce

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 24, 2009
Des Moines
I'll call it now: Mutual of Omaha announced the creation of the Frosted Flakes Bowl. The bowl will be played in February in Lincoln and will feature the 3-6 Nebraska Cornhuskers and a 2-7 Group of 5 Opponent to be named later.

Love to see them invite North Dakota St. With spring FCS football it would never happen but it would be awesome.

• Funny
Reactions: Lineup

Jer

Opinionated
Feb 28, 2006
The Bowls don’t exist to make money. They exist to bring tourist dollars into the host city. ESPN and the sponsor just subsidize the process.

Thats what I was saying. If travel and attendance need to be limited, that basically kills the only revenue potential.

Jer

Opinionated
Feb 28, 2006
Next Nebby will be saying their “girlfriend” from Canada has a dog named Buckeye so it makes sense OSU and them become besties.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011

Along with the other post disputing this, let me know when OSU and Nebraska will both be ranked Top Ten playing each other like the OU series.

All the things Nebraska wants to get back, and it's just not going to happen.

• Agree
Reactions: CyBobby

Jer

Opinionated
Feb 28, 2006
Along with the other post disputing this, let me know when OSU and Nebraska will both be ranked Top Ten playing each other like the OU series.

Agree. It’s similar to all these fake rivalry games with meaningless trophies that Iowa plays. If every game has a trophy, actual trophies become meaningless.

BryceC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006

Or when Nebraska stops giving up 300 yards rushing and getting blown out.

The Husker media that has been there since the glory days are doing that fan base no favors.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
Or when Nebraska stops giving up 300 yards rushing and getting blown out.

The Husker media that has been there since the glory days are doing that fan base no favors.

Haha, yeah, well that all ties into them definitely not being Top Ten.

I watched their 1995 Orange Bowl win the other night and obviously it was a different time, different recruiting, and all but the way they played back then is night and day.

Reactions: CyBobby and Lineup

Lineup

Jan 7, 2017
Haha, yeah, well that all ties into them definitely not being Top Ten.

I watched their 1995 Orange Bowl win the other night and obviously it was a different time, different recruiting, and all but the way they played back then is night and day.
Osborn recruited all thugs

• Optimistic