It’s a good day if you’re a Nebraska fan...

mj4cy

Asst. Regional Manager
Staff member
Mar 28, 2006
Iowa
Makes sense I guess....Covid is crazy and gives the Kansas' of the world something to shoot for.

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
F*ck Nebraska.
ZtZuZT.gif

ISUKing

Apr 27, 2010
Ankeny, IA
how does this work for contract incentives tied to bowl appearances

<edit> I guess it doesn't mean all teams are GOING to bowls, but there will definitely be teams under .500 that go and I'd be willing to bet ADs didn't assume they'd be paying sub .500 coaches bonuses.

Reactions: besserheimerphat

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
Will there be bowl games in California?

Jer

Opinionated
Feb 28, 2006
I’m sure I’ll get downvoted for saying it, but it’s highly unlikely there will be bowl games. I could see the playoffs happening in a bubble due to the money involved, but I don’t see the rest of the bowls happening when looking at the projections.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
I’m sure I’ll get downvoted for saying it, but it’s highly unlikely there will be bowl games. I could see the playoffs happening in a bubble due to the money involved, but I don’t see the rest of the bowls happening when looking at the projections.

Seems like they're throwing it out there as ANY chance for more football/TV money and the more teams the merrier.

To cut down on high risk behavior though, do you have teams host bowls and the like?

RonBurgundy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 5, 2017

On one hand, bowls are private organizations, so they can somewhat do what they want.

But one of the main purposes of a bowl game is local economic return. If you don’t have many fans, not sure how the cost/benefit could work out. I guess the key is whether their corporate sponsors still back them.

Looking at Nebby’s schedule, I am guessing 3-5. I would love to see them go to a bowl game. Lol.

Reactions: khardbored

CloneGuy8

Mar 20, 2017
While every team is eligible, there are only about 39 bowl games so your teams like Rutgers and Kansas will likely not be playing in a bowl.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
On one hand, bowls are private organizations, so they can somewhat do what they want.

But one of the main purposes of a bowl game is local economic return. If you don’t have many fans, not sure how the cost/benefit could work out. I guess the key is whether their corporate sponsors still back them.

Looking at Nebby’s schedule, I am guessing 3-5. I would love to see them go to a bowl game. Lol.

They were in a bowl a few years ago with a losing record so not new for this historic program.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron