ISU wearing all white unis Friday

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

CSheen

Feb 10, 2011
I wouldn't doubt us showing white helmets as well on Friday. If we do, id guess its something being held on the DL. Also I believe our equipment staff has had access to black shoes /socks, we've just never gone with them. I wouldn't mind seeing us were blacks with the all white unis.

Regardless, Lets just keep freakin' winning baby.

ketelmeister

Oct 24, 2006
I don't care, whatever is a little extra motivation for the players works for me. I'll be there to watch baby!!

jdoggivjc

Sep 27, 2006
Macomb, MI
Let's just say this - if Maryland's coach wasn't blowing smoke out his arse about the "Alice in Wonderland" uniforms having a surprisingly positive reaction amongst recruits considering Maryland, then people really need to shut up about hating possible alternate uniform combinations, because when all is said and done it doesn't matter what us fans think, it's about getting the best possible kids we can to wear those uniforms. If wearing all white, all cardinal, all gold, hell, all black or all hummus, gets a positive reaction out of our potential recruits and gets one more kid to sign with ISU than otherwise would, then us fans need to shut up about it.

I'm really looking forward to all whites, if that truly is the case.

trevn

Jerome Tang Surveillance Team
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2006
Eastern Iowa
I hope this is true...all white unis would look pretty good. Gotta have the white helmet to go with it though.

clone26

Jan 30, 2009
DSM
www.explorethemetro.com
Let's just say this - if Maryland's coach wasn't blowing smoke out his arse about the "Alice in Wonderland" uniforms having a surprisingly positive reaction amongst recruits considering Maryland, then people really need to shut up about hating possible alternate uniform combinations, because when all is said and done it doesn't matter what us fans think, it's about getting the best possible kids we can to wear those uniforms. If wearing all white, all cardinal, all gold, hell, all black or all hummus, gets a positive reaction out of our potential recruits and gets one more kid to sign with ISU than otherwise would, then us fans need to shut up about it.

I'm really looking forward to all whites, if that truly is the case.

Someone make an all black mock up!

price26

Sep 1, 2006
Ames, IA
I apparently have to be one of the only people who think all white doesn't look that great. I'd prefer to see white jerseys, white helmet, and the red pants. But I'd hold out judgement until I actually see it in the flesh.

EYEoftheSTORM

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 3, 2009
Ames, Iowa
I can say that my flight leaves to Boston on Thursday and I will take lots of pics of the game with my girlfriends HD camera and will be sure to post them here.

Reactions: SC Cy

Rogue52

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 20, 2006
Cedar Rapids, IA
Our road uniforms rival anyone in the nation, but they probably want to do something to get some buzz on ESPN2 Friday Night Football.

Too bad the sad match-up between Boise and Toledo got selected over ISU vs. UConn for ESPN.

BigSkyCy2

Bookie
Aug 9, 2006
I apparently have to be one of the only people who think all white doesn't look that great. I'd prefer to see white jerseys, white helmet, and the red pants. But I'd hold out judgement until I actually see it in the flesh.

Not the only one. I'll hold my judgement until I see them, but I don't think I will like them. However, I was a big fan of the all Gold uniforms last year.

cyclones500

Jan 29, 2010
Michigan
basslakebeacon.com

No, there's at least two of us.

I've said in the past that too much white minimizes secondary gold far too much (risking a look, as another post said, seeming like teams with white as secondary, such as Texas, which looks fine, but those schools are "X and WHITE")

However, it could work OK if the helmet had the triple stripe cardinal-gold-cardinal, and cardinal-trimmed gold numbers (attached) Which probably won't happen.

EYEoftheSTORM

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 3, 2009
Ames, Iowa
Our road uniforms rival anyone in the nation, but they probably want to do something to get some buzz on ESPN2 Friday Night Football.

Too bad the sad match-up between Boise and Toledo got selected over ISU vs. UConn for ESPN.
I saw that too and was very upset over it as well...

Boise St. will wipe... Well should wipe Toledo. I just wonder why they would select a game with 2 non BCS teams over a 2 BCS teams to play on ESPN.

Im not one to ***** about ISU being on national TV but I dont know why they set it up so we play on ESPN 2 instead of ESPN.

Yes13

Oct 9, 2009
No, there's at least two of us.

I've said in the past that too much white minimizes secondary gold far too much (risking a look, as another post said, seeming like teams with white as secondary, such as Texas, which looks fine, but those schools are "X and WHITE")

However, it could work OK if the helmet had the triple stripe cardinal-gold-cardinal, and cardinal-trimmed gold numbers (attached) Which probably won't happen.
Our secondary color sucks though. White/Cardinal is gorgeous