ISU wearing all white unis Friday

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

CyForPresident

Mar 28, 2006
Cornlands of Ayuxwa
If ISU didn't have the money for the white helmet, why not put a white 'I' on the helmet. It would be something unique for sure.

That said, I think they'll wear white helmets.

Yes13

Oct 9, 2009
Me either. I don't think the athletic department really wants us marching around on ESPN looking like that. Seriously, white uniforms with red helmets would be ugly as hell.
I think it actually looks pretty sweet.
iowa_state-texas_r175x200.jpg

With that said, I'm thinking we go White helmets.

istater7

Mar 31, 2010

I think that looks good, but for some reason the "cardinal" color might make it look different..Maybe not though.

k123

Sep 14, 2011
Iowa
I think they are doing white helmet too, and being smart not telling it to keep the buzz among the fans like this.

Otherwise, lots of teams do the red/white/white, even the KC Chiefs. I normally don't like the all white (Tx, Aub, etc), but I think the supposed mock up photos and "approved nike schematic" from earlier posts look great. I don't like the Chiefs r/w/w but I think that is because our darker red looks better, and their stripes are too skinny.

Whatever they wear, hope they look good with with their playing on national TV. Go State!

cyatheart

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 18, 2008
Me either. I don't think the athletic department really wants us marching around on ESPN looking like that. Seriously, white uniforms with red helmets would be ugly as hell.

We had red helmets and all white jersey/pants for years on the road.

andybernard

Oct 22, 2009
The red we have now is totally different than the red we had. Just don't think this red would look great.

Not only that, but the facemasks were white. I know it doesn't seem like a big deal, but it is. I liked how the R/W/W looked with those helmets. But with a gray facemask, it wouldn't go together nearly as well.

k123

Sep 14, 2011
Iowa
I think they are doing white helmet too, and being smart not telling it to keep the buzz among the fans like this.

Otherwise, lots of teams do the red/white/white, even the KC Chiefs. I normally don't like the all white (Tx, Aub, etc), but I think the supposed mock up photos and "approved nike schematic" from earlier posts look great. I don't like the Chiefs r/w/w but I think that is because our darker red looks better, and their stripes are too skinny.

Whatever they wear, hope they look good with with their playing on national TV. Go State!

On the other hand, the player who tweeted it (Washington) even said red helmets.

@Quesy2Time
Jacques Washington
@quishamilton except the helmet for now. If we throw that in, it's a wrap!

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006

I loved those away uniforms.

HOWEVER, as someone else said, those helmets were a bright red AND they had white facemasks. I thought they looked really good IMO.

I don't know for sure if our current "cardinal" helmets with gray facemasks would look all that great with white uniforms?

I do hope that if we do have white helmets that we keep them so we can wear them whenever we feel like it.

I do wonder why in that actual picture of the white helmet from a while back that we have stripes down the middle of it when we don't have stripes on our red ones though? Makes me think that those white ones were just mock ups.

I guess we'll see on Friday night.

Me State

Oct 19, 2007
Because the white ones could be used again.

If they use the white ones again that defeats the argument that it cost to much to do it for one game. Either way it would work out. Use them again or sell them.

dualthreat

Oct 8, 2008
how come we don't wear a white facemask at home Now? Im having a hard time picturing what it would look like, ... but if we DID have white, and someone suggested we wear grey, I'd think that would look ugly.

ISUcy08

Dec 22, 2008
Are we wearing white helmets with the white uniforms on Friday?
Text I received:
"No... white pants and white jersey no white helmet."

I'm telling you...

Cybyassociation

Mar 5, 2008
We had a lotta people on here with "inside information" about Steele being the quarterback...where are those people now?