ISU wearing all white unis Friday

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

Yes13

Oct 9, 2009
For once, I'm skeptical of what my "source" has told me. He says red helmets...and he wears them on a daily basis. The Athletic Department "doesnt have enough money for white ones for one game"...I'm not buying it. The white helmet that was floating around on here really was a mock up, nothing serious...but it is not going to spurprise me one bit if they come out in Connecticut with all white.
Doesn't Nike give us the stuff free? If they think a white helmet looks better than a red one they would give it to us. Does that guy think schools pay for the pro combat stuff too?

cybsball20

Nov 26, 2006
Des Moines, IA
Doesn't Nike give us the stuff free? If they think a white helmet looks better than a red one they would give it to us. Does that guy think schools pay for the pro combat stuff too?

Not only that, they PAY US to wear it. That's why teams have very little say when Nike says they want to do something...

BigBake

Mar 17, 2006
U'dale
I honestly think white helmets would be a quicker get than the white unis. Just get and stick the logo and stripe and away we go.

jdoggivjc

Sep 27, 2006
Macomb, MI
I just asked someone who would know. Wearing red. :sad:

These are the same people that last year insisted that gold jerseys didn't exist - despite the fact that anyone who took the time to watch the Nike video on the ISU Football site could clearly see the gold jerseys did in fact exist.

sdillon500

Sep 12, 2006
northern california
If you're going to do white jerseys & white pants, you almost need to have white helmets. Uniforms need balance, otherwise ISU is going to look like a bunch of lollipops out there. Red pops on white sticks.

tejasclone

Oct 20, 2006
Chicago, IL
If you're going to do white jerseys & white pants, you almost need to have white helmets. Uniforms need balance, otherwise ISU is going to look like a bunch of lollipops out there. Red pops on white sticks.

Or we'll look like a team of gingers from the midwest.

ginger-kids.jpg

CSheen

Feb 10, 2011
Nike doesnt make our helmets, We get them through Riddell, Although im sure there is some sort of a partnership there.

Me State

Oct 19, 2007
ISU could afford helmets for one game in 2007(Iowa). Why wouldn't they be able to do it now for a nationally televised game that lots of people will be watching? They can sale the helmets later for $250 each. Wouldn't be that big of an expense for the program.

MLawrence

Jan 21, 2010
Me State said:
ISU could afford helmets for one game in 2007(Iowa). Why wouldn't they be able to do it now for a nationally televised game that lots of people will be watching? They can sale the helmets later for $250 each. Wouldn't be that big of an expense for the program.

But the athletic department also auctioned those uniforms after the game.

Me State

Oct 19, 2007
But the athletic department also auctioned those uniforms after the game.
That's my point. Sell them after the game and get money back. I have 2 helmets that I've bought from the university. I would buy a white one too.

MLawrence

Jan 21, 2010
Me State said:
That's my point. Sell them after the game and get money back. I have 2 helmets that I've bought from the university. I would buy a white one too.

The ******* in me decided not to read all of your post, that is an interesting thought.

mksmith2

Apr 30, 2010
Ames, IA
AJ Klien briefly had a tweet about wearing the white uni's and posted a small picture of an all white uniform w/ the helmet (to be fair it looked like it COULD have been a mockup, but it looked pretty professional) the tweet no longer exists...

(For the Record: reporting on tweets about the jersey's we MIGHT be wearing this friday is a little ****ing ridiculous)

Last edited:

Clones21

Jan 20, 2008
Des Moines
Can't believe people actually think we are wearing red helmets Friday. n00bs
Me either. I don't think the athletic department really wants us marching around on ESPN looking like that. Seriously, white uniforms with red helmets would be ugly as hell.