ISU WBB to #18 in Coaches Poll

NenoFone

Feb 12, 2013
WDM
I feel that maybe we're a little over-ranked right now, we'll see as the season progresses. I see Dayton is ranked higher than Iowa in both polls, why even bother playing the games if the results on the court don't matter?

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
Yeah, I think this team will struggle while they get this four guard offense figured out. I like this team, but I don't think this season is going to be a cakewalk by any means.

twistedredbird

Apr 26, 2008
Midwest
The one thing this team has more than in the past couple years, is a lot of scoring options, and we also have three or four/five(if you count Fallon/Kidd) players who can penetrate. Last year, we really only had Nikki.

This year, penetration will lead to a lot of foul calls. So, with some more options for the three ball, and good penetrators, I like our chances in most match ups. The Big 12 is not big this year in the post either.

I see this type of lineup becoming more common, post recruits are getting harder and harder to come by, and a lot of the taller girls are going to continue to opt for volleyball over bball.

bawbie

Staff member
Mar 17, 2006
Cedar Rapids, IA
It is absolutely crazy that a team can take their SG & SF, move them to PF and C, start two true freshman at SG and SF and be ranked that high.

acoustimac

Jan 8, 2009
Lamoni, IA
Its all respect and guesswork at this point. I personally think its too early to practically any type of ranking, but enjoy it while its there. The only real test we have before Big 12 play is Iowa. So, our record could potentially be very good by the end of December which will lead to even more inflated rankings.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron