ISU WBB almost in top 25

mitten1975

Oct 27, 2012
I don't like to put pressure on them, but I think this is a really good team. I am much more confident with the guard play this year. They just need to really get Fennelly's defense figured out but they are doing very well. Kidd reminds me of Tyrus McGee, she scraps all the time but gets herself out of position. Tyrus is better at that this year. I think Kidd is going to get it also.

mhalb

Apr 11, 2010
Iowa
I'm surprised about some of the teams that are ranked right now? Kansas? I guess that is the one team that stands out to me.

mhalb

Apr 11, 2010
Iowa
...but good job ladies. I rather have us be off the rankings, so we surprise teams more.

cydney

Mar 14, 2011
Would much rather have the team work its way up into the rankings, rather than slip out as some of the teams are already doing. The team is unproven yet, and hopefully will earn some recognition. There is definitely the potential to finish ahead of teams that are currently in the rankings.

jaretac

Nov 26, 2006
Frigidaire
I'm surprised about some of the teams that are ranked right now? Kansas? I guess that is the one team that stands out to me.

Kansas has been bumping up against that top 25 mark from time to time over the past 5 years but they always seem to falter as the season moves on.

Buster28

Dec 3, 2011
Ames
Kansas has been bumping up against that top 25 mark from time to time over the past 5 years but they always seem to falter as the season moves on.

It's usually been because of injuries to key players. Angel Goodrich was out a couple of years ago with an ACL tear and last year they lost their center and scoring leader, Carolyn Davis, to the same thing. They recovered to make their first Sweet 16 appearance since the late 90s, in spite of being one of the last few teams selected to play in the tournament. Bonnie's not a bad coach, she's just had some really bad luck with injuries.

jaretac

Nov 26, 2006
Frigidaire
It's usually been because of injuries to key players. Angel Goodrich was out a couple of years ago with an ACL tear and last year they lost their center and scoring leader, Carolyn Davis, to the same thing. They recovered to make their first Sweet 16 appearance since the late 90s, in spite of being one of the last few teams selected to play in the tournament. Bonnie's not a bad coach, she's just had some really bad luck with injuries.

Considering where Kansas was, she isn't a bad coach at all, but she has a long ways to go still before Kansas will be a team that will spend most of the season in the top 25

What your saying sounds a lot like a depth problem and not all just bad luck. Players get hurt on all teams. If you are having more starting players getting hurt then what might be considered normal, than maybe you should look at how many minutes they are playing/ how much of the load they are being asked to carry. If your season goes from top 25 to NIT because of one player getting hurt than again you are looking at a lack of depth. ISU has had good players get hurt and still has only had one losing record in Big 12 play since 2006. Kansas has had seven.

Contender or pretender. Kansas has proved themselves to be pretenders and until they make more noise in conference they will continue to be labeled as such and rightfully so.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron