ISU vs Virginia Play

brokenloginagain

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 25, 2006
Then name your top 20 moments that were better than that.

The MBB 100 yrs DVD does a really good job of capturing most of these, but I'd go with...

• Barry Stevens’ game winner vs Mizzou in 83
  • The double OT Iowa game in 84 when Barry Stevens fouled out (that’s the picture I’d love to find online)
  • Any of the four wins against KU from 85-88 against Danny Manning/Larry Brown
  • The mich st. OT win against scott skiles
  • The Lafester iowa game, 102-100 in OT
  • Brian Pearson draining three’s to beat OU
  • Any number of home games when the entire crowd would make a VVVVVVVVVVV for big Vic
  • The tom Schafer game winner against OU? Missouri?
  • Hoiberg, as a freshman, dunking on Acie Earl
  • The infamous 92 okie state game when Thigpen went nuts
  • Hoiberg’s 32 pts against KU
  • Willoughby’s 9 3’s against KU (even though we lost)
  • Fizer’s dunk to beat KU, last home game of the season, when he was a soph
  • Fizer’s infamous dunk on Mihm
  • The second half against OU in 01 when JT went off from three and we scored 58pts in a half
  • Jake Sullivan against Texas in ’04 when Boddicker choked at the line

Ok, clearly my bias is good teams/good seasons/key games, but there are a ton of Hilton memories at least on par with a fancy dunk against UVA. Let's call that best play #17 :wink:

Hilton Magic will come back...its easy to cherry pick 15 moments from nearly 30 seasons.....

DaddyMac

Oct 18, 2006
The MBB 100 yrs DVD does a really good job of capturing most of these, but I'd go with...

• The double OT Iowa game in 84 when Barry Stevens fouled out (that’s the picture I’d love to find online)
  • Any number of home games when the entire crowd would make a VVVVVVVVVVV for big Vic
  • The second half against OU in 01 when JT went off from three and we scored 58pts in a half
Ok, clearly my bias is good teams/good seasons/key games, but there are a ton of Hilton memories at least on par with a fancy dunk against UVA. Let's call that best play #17 :wink:

Hilton Magic will come back...its easy to cherry pick 15 moments from nearly 30 seasons.....

Was that the game where Houston (??) from OSU missed two freethrows that would've won the game, but sent it to OT. Man that was a long time ago - memory fades.

The game where Freddie said the net was shaking it was so loud in Hilton?

Apr 30, 2009
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fnm3YbuPWfo]YouTube - All the Above- By Maino ft. T-Pain (Lyrics)[/ame] play this song to it since it has no sound it is pretty sweet

CB21

Mar 13, 2009
Sioux Falls
Either way the UVA game will always stand out in my mind because of that play. I have that game taped too but just cant find it.

bufante

Nov 27, 2006
DMI

Nice job, called out and you answered, and answered well.

I'll never forget Boddicker missing those free throws as the rim was shaking from Hilton Magic. Great upset win!!!

Clones33

Jan 15, 2009
Ankeny, IA
Nice job, called out and you answered, and answered well.

I'll never forget Boddicker missing those free throws as the rim was shaking from Hilton Magic. Great upset win!!!

Since we are searching for videos in this thread, does anyone have or know where I can watch the Boddicker missed free throws? I was at that game and always wanted to see what it looked like on TV. I have been looking on youtube but can't find anything. Thanks for any help.