ISU vs Oregon State Postgame thread

gocubs2118

Mar 31, 2006
Illinois
Not to be a downer but thank god OSU sucked at free throws tonight, otherwise we wouldn't have won that game. You could also say the same thing about us from the line tonight, got to make those.

Enginerd

Apr 11, 2006
A win is a win but this one was a slumpbuster. Thank gawd it was late at night so the only thing most people will see is the box score. Lock the door and make her leave through the fire escape so your friends don't see her.

ISUFan22

Apr 11, 2006
Denver, CO
It wasn't pretty, no doubt. I'll take the win though, especially a road win for a team struggling to get Ws.

AirWalke

Aug 7, 2006
Des Moines
Alex and Craig were outstanding tonight! Free throws nearly sunk us tonight, though. We're lucky Oregon State had such a hard time at the free throw line... otherwise, we're looking at 2-4. Refs seemed bound and determined to call us on the fouls though.

scottie33

Nov 25, 2006
Ames, Iowa
I didn't see the big drought as we had in our last 3 games. I think any win on the road at this point is BIG.... This also gives our kids a great learning experience that you can't simulate in practice. And to come out on top in OT with no Wesley was huge, next time we get into an OT game we are going to be familiar with the situation and know what we need to do to win the game in that case.

I agree we had a lot of errors tonight, I think our TO's were not as bad or as much as we have had in the last couple games, haven't checked the box score yet. I think any win for these kids is huge and I think it is also a big win because I know Lucca and Vette watched the game in the apartment, and I GUARANTEE it put a smile on Lucca's and Vette's face. Good win for them, and good win for Lucca I believe. Seemed to play with A LOT of hustle, we won all the hustle plays, and we played with TON of Heart. Gotta love it...gnight

There I freaking deleted it, damn people.

Last edited:

ArathornClone

Oct 10, 2006
Nice win. Started the 2nd half great only to lose the lead yet again.

This time we kept fighting back, got some key rebound and made some shots.

Nice efforts from Alex and Craig - players of the game.

:biggrin:

How about Rahshon? Man he is having a great year. Clearly the most consistent player this year game in and game out. 5 out of 6 in double figures. 15 pts. 12 boards. nice.

IcSyU

Nov 27, 2007
Rochester, MN
It was cool to hear the Free Lucca on the road if I do say so myself...make it nationally known... :smile:

chrishull14

Jan 31, 2007
Cyclone City
Started to see some of the genius of McDermott's system on offense. You could actually see the guys run through plays and create some great looks. We are still struggling, but, there is definitely forward progress. We just need to start hitting those open looks. Hustle and "Passion for the Game" was much better vs Oregon St. Rebounding still needs to get better. We are better with Wesley, but, we won tonight (on the road/in overtime) almost without him. He is obviously still in a lot of pain. For the good of the season, it might be worth it to sit him vs Drake. We will not put up much fight in the Big 12 without him. Great Win!!! Good job by all of the Cyclone fans that made it there too.

ISUFan22

Apr 11, 2006
Denver, CO
I agree on Clark, another double-double for him.

At the end of the game, camera showed the ISU crowd out there. Nice numbers.

scottie33

Nov 25, 2006
Ames, Iowa
Yeah, I just seen Cyclone fans spread out all over the stadium, I didn't see that huge group up top there until the end of the game!! Good showing, and I'm sure it helped soak in the win

ArathornClone

Oct 10, 2006
I agree we had a lot of errors tonight, I think our TO's were not as bad or as much as we have had in the last couple games, haven't checked the box score yet.

Actually, TOs have been trending downward which is nice.

Centenary 23
Bradley 18
Minnesota 13
UNI 7 (season low)

ISUFan22

Apr 11, 2006
Denver, CO
I think we're seeing in Alex what we saw from many of the guys on our football team.

Things suddenly clicking as he obtained a better understanding of the system and got into the flow of the game.

Pretty simple really.

BugDoc

Feb 6, 2007
Corvallis, OR
Just walked in the door from the game!!!! It was my first chance to see the Clones in person in over six years. Man it was nice to see them win in OT. I agree with the previous posts that had the Beavs made any FT that they had us beat. We struggled on the defensive boards all night and they got lots of 2nd and 3rd shots. No news to anyone here, but guard play HAS to improve. I think we knocked down one outside shot all night!! There were also lots of occasions that someone flashed to the hole and were wide open and the guy with the ball at the top of the key just waved at the cutter!!! If we can start distributing to ball better, especially when guys are wide open along with knocking down some jumpshots, the wins will come. I can see teams just clogging up the lane on us and forcing us to shot jump shots - Based on tonight, the outcome will not be good. I had heard a lot about our break downs against pressure the last few games, but for the most part we broke the press with ease. I would have like to see us drive directly to hole more when we had the chance. Get win none the less. Way to go Clones.

Also, had a great turnout of Cylone fans. We were louder than the Beaver fans at many points during the game. I will be putting on my Beaver gear for the Civil War game tomorrow!!! Beating the Ducks on the road tomorrow will be icing on the cake!!!

ISUFan22

Apr 11, 2006
Denver, CO
We had 6 or 7 turnovers at the half, not sure how many we had in the 2nd half. Clearly doing a much better job on that front.