ISU vs North Carolina A&T @ 7:00 PM Game Day Thread

mitten1975

Oct 27, 2012
Actually, as a fan, you can definitely take them lightly.
Remember Tubbs, from Oklahoma. He would absolutely bury teams, and at first I resented it, but after awhile, I realized it was because he wanted his players to give 100% all the time to get them better in competitive games. After that realization, I began to like Tubbs, and give him credit to my take no prisoners policy.

MeanDean

SuperFanatic
Jan 5, 2009
Blue Grass IA-Jensen Beach FL
North Carolina Agricultural and Technical State University is an academic community focused on students—providing them with interdisciplinary learning opportunities, teaching them with faculty renowned for excellence, connecting them to cutting edge discoveries in research, and encouraging them to serve their communities.
From our roots as an 1890 land-grant university, we have expanded and adapted to become a school fit for the 21[SUP]st[/SUP] century and beyond.

N.C. A&T still has award-winning faculty, intensive research programs and community-focused initiatives — but now our campus is more diverse, our curriculum includes nanoengineering and our idea of public service encompasses not only Greensboro, but the world.

So let me see if I understand this. They are a university focused on their students??? Wow, where in the heck did they come up with that approach?

mjhavlo76

Jun 23, 2009
Are you smoking crack mitten? North Carolina A&T is one of the worst teams in college Men's Basketball!
I predict Korie Lucious will have a monster point total. Possibly 30 or more!

I will be watching. Can't take this team lightly, just because they got beat by Cincinnati.

bawbie

Staff member
Mar 17, 2006
Cedar Rapids, IA
Remember Tubbs, from Oklahoma. He would absolutely bury teams, and at first I resented it, but after awhile, I realized it was because he wanted his players to give 100% all the time to get them better in competitive games. After that realization, I began to like Tubbs, and give him credit to my take no prisoners policy.

I didn't realize Tubbs, from Oklahoma, was a fan...

The team absolutely has to take everyone seriously. As a fan? Not so much.

mitten1975

Oct 27, 2012
That is not the kind of fan I am. I go after teams like Tubbs did, as a fan. Don't worry though, I don't get crazy at games or even in front of a tv. I enjoy burying teams early though. I appreciate the Tubbs philosophy of coaching and playing. An example would be Tyrus McGee. He goes by that philosophy naturally.

Gnomeborg

Dec 24, 2008
I'll be there, wearing my #38 jersey in section 205. Come say hi after the game gets uninteresting.

mitten1975

Oct 27, 2012
Are you smoking crack mitten? North Carolina A&T is one of the worst teams in college Men's Basketball!
I predict Korie Lucious will have a monster point total. Possibly 30 or more!
You might have some difficulty understanding my point of view. Maybe it is because I am old. I am certainly too old to do anything harder than tea and coffee.

Cy$

Sep 1, 2011
Ames
watching Cincy....they don't really run alot of plays...what they do is drive and kick out and use the guy who is kicking out to set a screen at the same time, opening up the guy for a good 3 point look. They like to run as well. Pretty similar to ISU.

EDIT: Cincy is 3-10 on the ft line.....

Last edited:

mitten1975

Oct 27, 2012
The are up 18 already, so they must be pretty good at what they are doing. Anyway, Campbell can't stop them defensively.

Go2Guy

Mar 18, 2006
Houston, TX
I don't think I can make it through an entire basketball season of Consumer Credit & Bill Fennelly workout comercials

Cy$

Sep 1, 2011
Ames
The are up 18 already, so they must be pretty good at what they are doing. Anyway, Campbell can't stop them defensively.

The announcers said Campbell didn't practice yesterday due to traveling...against a team like Cincy, you need to be good at communicating the screens. I hope Hoiberg has been working on it even with the game tonight...gonna be the difference between a win and loss IMO.

marothisu

Jun 15, 2009
NYC
I love how some of the stuff on Cyclones.tv is almost warped sound...like an old film. So funny