ISU vs Florida VB on TV today

IcSyU

Nov 27, 2007
Rochester, MN
No leadership on the floor. Everyone is just standing around looking at each other like they don't want the ball hit at them.

23-19 Florida off an 11-4 run. Serve receive is still bad.

Match Point Florida.

Royalclone

Jun 22, 2008
Lee's Summit, MO
Didn't we lose early to UNI two years ago and to Minnesota early last year? This game would have been different with Hockaday. I'm not worried.

IcSyU

Nov 27, 2007
Rochester, MN
Didn't we lose early to UNI two years ago and to Minnesota early last year? This game would have been different with Hockaday. I'm not worried.
It isn't like Florida or UNI are bad programs. You're going to lose some matches, and we took some time to adjust to not having Hock out there. Be interesting to see how they bounce back tomorrow.

Tornado man

Sep 16, 2007
Ames, IA
Great group of ISU fans here at Qwest Center.
We lost to a very good Florida team. They seemed to scrap and hustle more than we did; since that's kind of what ISU is known for, I'm sure CJL has some things to say to her team.
Ferrell (transfer from Hawaii) was a stud for Florida. Seemed like Fleming (libero for Florida) outplayed Maas.
Kentucky will be a tough match also. Still rather play these teams early than cupcakes.

CycloneRulzzz

Gameday Guru
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 13, 2008
Nevada, IA

Problem is Hockaday is probably done for the season in the opening match. I think just making the NCAA's will be a miracle.

vmbplayer

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 6, 2008
Ankeny
Problem is Hockaday is probably done for the season in the opening match. I think just making the NCAA's will be a miracle.

We'll still make the NCAA's no problem. Team is good enough to survive the loss of any one player. Making Sweet 16 or Elite 8 may be more difficult now though.

Royalclone

Jun 22, 2008
Lee's Summit, MO
It isn't like Florida or UNI are bad programs. You're going to lose some matches, and we took some time to adjust to not having Hock out there. Be interesting to see how they bounce back tomorrow.

That was really my point. We lost early games to good teams the last two years, but ended up just fine. With a little time to adjust to playing without RH, they will be just fine.

Tornado man

Sep 16, 2007
Ames, IA
That was really my point. We lost early games to good teams the last two years, but ended up just fine. With a little time to adjust to playing without RH, they will be just fine.

Yes, and don't forget that Michigan upset Nebraska in a three-set sweep at this same event last year.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron